login

Author Topic: X-Files  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: X-Files
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:03 AM »
T-1000

Yeah, the show should have ended when he left.  I don't think I watched more then 3 episodes with Robert Patrick. 

I loved the conspiracy stuff, but some of those other episodes were really good.  I got the first three seasons off of Netflix last year, I need to start picking up more again.  It's been a while. 

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 06:48:58 AM »
Yes, seasons 1-6 were my favs, as previously stated.

Just a hint with the DVD's...Don't buy the "Asian" version of the X-Files. You can pick  up this "Asian" version pretty cheap on Flea~Bay, but they are nothing more then a knock off. I found out the hard way :(

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 06:52:42 AM »
Never heard ebay called Flea-bay? lol, hats a new one for me

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »
I thought Doggett was an interesting character, and Robert Patrick played him well. He just suffered from being on a show that had already jumped the shark, and was floating, adrift and directionless with no hope of rescue.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 02:47:58 AM »
I thought Doggett was an interesting character, and Robert Patrick played him well. He just suffered from being on a show that had already jumped the shark, and was floating, adrift and directionless with no hope of rescue.
...in the Bermuda triangle, no less.

Offline Miss Marf

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »

...in the Bermuda triangle, no less.
[/quote]

I thought "Triangle" was a good episode, though.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »
I was onboard from the beginning with the X Files (being paranoid and all...imagine that)
It was really really better in Canada than when they moved to LA.
The movie , at the time, was a let down for sure. Course, since I had a slight concussion watching it at the theater, I guess anything would have been a let down.
I have gone back and watched some of the later season episodes (when it became a totally different show) and they are not as bad as I remembered, but how far it had fallen. I was a fan of the mytharc episodes so once it stopped being black oil/aliens/Mulder's sister and became Terminator (with a Terminator in the cast even!) and straight out soap opera...well poopie.

and yea verily, Gillian Anderson was and still is HOT!

I will take flak from the Trekkies, but BEST TELEVISION SHOW EVER!
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »

I don't quite understand why everyone thinks the show went downhill. I didn't see many changes in terms of the quality of the writing and what not. The show would have done far worse if changes had not been made to the cast/plot because then it would have been the same thing over and over again. I'm grateful that the show ended before it did go south, frankly.

And I loved Robert Patrick in the show.  :)  I think his character was interesting.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 741
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
I liked Robert "Firewall" Patrick in the X-Files and I also liked how at times he was the skeptic and Scully was the believer.  The thing that drove me nuts about the last seasons was the constant, CONSTANT "Where's Mulder? Where's Mulder" all throughout. If they had just moved on and worked on the character development that last seasons could have been better.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks the show went downhill.

Speaking as a formerly obsess "X-Phile," I agree that the show didn't go downhill. In fact, it went nowhere at all.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »
Hehe - one of our office buddies was all into the show, watching it season by season on DVD. And I kept telling him that he'd have to be VERY tolerant of the last few seasons... He didn't want to believe me but came in the other day and said:

"JP... I saw what you were saying. After a couple episodes with Doggett, I kept skipping chapters, then whole episodes, and wound up at the series finale.... it BLEW."

See, LOST went into the game knowing that it could ONLY survive for five seasons, max. You can only go on for so long with the overall mysteries.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »
Anyone else here watching the new 6-episode event? Kind of surprised to see no discussion of it here (and I'm reviving a nearly decade-old thread to discuss it!). The first two episodes were "enjoyable enough but kind of meh" for me, but "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster" (actually based on an unproduced script for the mid-2000s reboot of Kolchak: The Night Stalker) might be my favorite episode ever, at least in the top 4 or 5.

Review: Why tonight's 'X-Files' made the whole revival worthwhile
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-why-tonights-x-files-made-the-whole-revival-worthwhile

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-why-tonights-x-files-made-the-whole-revival-worthwhile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:45:49 PM by MightyBombJack »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2379
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »
Anyone else here watching the new 6-episode event? Kind of surprised to see no discussion of it here (and I'm reviving a nearly decade-old thread to discuss it!). The first two episodes were "enjoyable enough but kind of meh" for me, but "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster" (actually based on an unproduced script for the mid-2000s reboot of Kolchak: The Night Stalker) might be my favorite episode ever, at least in the top 4 or 5.

Review: Why tonight's 'X-Files' made the whole revival worthwhile
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-why-tonights-x-files-made-the-whole-revival-worthwhile

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-why-tonights-x-files-made-the-whole-revival-worthwhile

Fully agree on the last episode.  The first two were interesting, but the third one is the most fun I can remember having watching X-Files. Rhys makes me smile no matter what show he's on, but him in this episode was pure magic.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »
I have been enjoying it.  They are hitting all the tropes... Episode 1 was CONSPIRACY, Ep 2 was MONSTER OF THE WEEK, Ep 3 was the COMEDY episode.  So good.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
Episode 5 was the worst of the bunch so far. There is always a stinker!!