login

Author Topic: The Great Baldur's Gate Debate!  (Read 752 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
The Great Baldur's Gate Debate!
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam for $20. I put forth to you, the gaming community of the Rifftrax forums:

Is it better to buy this new "enhanced" edition, or get it from Gog.com at half the price (which includes the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion), and mod/patch it for free?

Erased, allegedly, are more than 400 bugs that plagued the original. But from looking over quite a few reviews, they really didn't address any issues other than modern screen resolution.There are still bugs like poor AI pathing and game breaking cursor disappearance.

What are your opinions? Worth it or not?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
Re: The Great Baldur's Gate Debate!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »
I loved those games. But my struggle is, do I get it or just wait for project eternity to come out?  Considering I'm broker, I think I'll choose the latter.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
I recall an article on gog.com that told you how to apply several mods that would essentially enhance it like the remake. The remake would be a little shinier, of course, but GOG's version could tide you over until the remake goes on sale on Steam for $5 in a couple months.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »
I think I agree. I know one thing for sure which makes this a moot debate: I'm not paying $20 for it.
I'm leaning more towards the gog/modded version. I have plenty of stuff to play. If I run out of stuff to do, I'll grab whichever is lower priced.

And yes, I can't wait for Project Eternity!