login

Author Topic: Joel Hodgson live in LA, PHILLY, etc  (Read 1212 times)

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
Joel Hodgson live in LA, PHILLY, etc
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:35 AM »
I tried searching for this last night on here and it didn't seem to bring up anything (I haven't been on here in years so I have no idea).  It doesn't seem to be getting a lot of coverage in general really. 

ANYWAY, Joel Hodgson is on tour doing his "keynote" about his career with all sorts of goodies from his past with MST3K and etc.  It's called Joel Hodgson: Riffing Myself and it seems that every show also features a screening of an episode of MST3K and a Q&A.  Every show seems to only be like $10-15.

He'll be at the CineFamily in LA today and tomorrow, in Phoenixville (outside Philly) on December 22nd, and then I think I noticed dates in Dallas and Chicago next month.

The shows this month he'll be playing Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:35:35 AM by pyro »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3188
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Joel Hodgson live in LA, PHILLY, etc
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
I'll have to think about that, I missed Cinematic Titanic when they were in Wilmington last winter.

That theater is about a 45 minute drive from me.  Looking at google maps it doesn't seem like a lot of parking near it.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
For the Phoenixville Theater?  There's a lot of street parking around and there's a parking lot down the street on the right if the theater is also on your right.  I've never really had a problem parking there.  It's a pretty cool old theater though... They shot the movie theater scene there.  It seems they're sitting up in the balcony.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Damnit, I'll be gone to upstate NY for the holidays by then! And I missed the Cinematic Titanic in Wilmington too.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
He may be doing more shows in local theaters in the area in the future.  I've heard rumblings about a couple of others.  Actually, when I just saw him at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute he may have confirmed another one where they'll be playing The Pod People.  This Phoenixville one is the only one I know for sure though and I'd just really like to see it do well.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »
Just a heads up to you guys in the Philly area-he announced he's doing another show on Sunday January 27th at the Troc.  Same thing, better location (access-wise... venue-wise the Colonial is one of my favorite places to see movies)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »
Just a heads up to you guys in the Philly area-he announced he's doing another show on Sunday January 27th at the Troc.  Same thing, better location (access-wise... venue-wise the Colonial is one of my favorite places to see movies)
Sweet! I'll have to see if I can get to that.