Author Topic: Synch File?  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Sleepwalk42

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Synch File?
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
I want o buy this, but since synching is such a pain in the butt I'll only buy ones with synch files. Did this one come with one? If not, anyone come up with a better way to synch it?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Synch File?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:25 PM »
It doesn't come with one yet, but it does work.  I posted settings that work for me here:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=26368.0

Just create a text file with the file name listed and past those lines into it, and make sure it's in the same folder as the .mp3 file when you launch the player.

Offline Sleepwalk42

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
I'm so tech unsavy I have no clue how to even try that....looks like I'll have to wait...I'm still waiting for Thor

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
It's very easy, and everyone should learn how to make a simple text file.  Just open notepad and copy and past the following 4 lines of text into it:

riffdelay_init=178.2501
riffstart=26.001
time_offset=0.999501001
title_ID=35

Then save the file in the same folder you put the mp3 of the riff, using the file name:

Avengers_RiffTrax.sync

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 630
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:12:56 AM »
We couldn't get one to work across multiple platforms (or any we had in the office, actually) We have this kind of problem with Paramount DVDs, so there likely won't be an official one for quite some time. If you want to try MartyS's, it's very very easy - even if you aren't tech savy. Open notepad from Start>Accessories, copy and paste the settings in the post above and click File>Save As in the same folder as the riff and name it "Avengers_RiffTrax.sync" It's easier than sending an email.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
 The title_ID=35 didn't work in your office?  I wonder if they have multiple pressings of the DVD that use different tracks.  They put 99 different ones on there and only one will play the entire movie.

The disc I have is from the Blu-Ray + DVD two disc set.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 630
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
It was title 33 on the one we got from Netflix and then the Paramount "junk data" was crashing the player on every system we tried it on.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
Well that sucks, it's a real dick move on the part of the studios to put out different versions.  It only stops certain players from working, doesn't hinder the pirates or anyone else really.

Maybe try title 35, when I started I made a typo and was accidentally using 34, it would start but crash about 10 minutes in.

Offline Lord Atmo

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »
I tried making such a file just like above, but my computer still won't recognize it when I try to play the riff. The sync file was saved as a .sync.txt.

How do I get it to save only as a sync without the txt designation?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »
I tried making such a file just like above, but my computer still won't recognize it when I try to play the riff. The sync file was saved as a .sync.txt.

How do I get it to save only as a sync without the txt designation?

Rename it.  Right click on the file, choose rename, and remove the ".txt" part at the end.  I think that works in every version of windows since 98.

Oh, and most OSes will warn you that you are about the change the extension.  Just tell it to accept the change.

Offline Lord Atmo

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »
hmm i see. thanks.

Offline Sleepwalk42

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »
So does it have to be on notepad? I'm on a Mac

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
So does it have to be on notepad? I'm on a Mac

The program doesn't really matter, just anything that can save a plain text file.

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »
We are looking into the issue presently. MartyS's file works well for my machines (Windows & OSX), so I tentatively endorse it for people to use.

I've attached a sync file to this post with his numbers for people who have difficulty in creating them.

Moo.
ReiCow