login

Author Topic: The Avengers - Now Available!!!  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
The Avengers - Now Available!!!
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/riff/avengers

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylWFc_OqzGo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ylWFc_OqzGo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Earth’s Mightiest Generators of Studio Cashflow, Assemble! These heavy-hitting Marvel heroes (and also some bow and arrow guy) are finally together in one place, thanks to Samuel L. Jackson’s commitment to hanging out after the credits in their movies. Enjoy the fruits of his passive-aggressive labor, a big superhero flick written and directed by the GREAT, FLAWLESS AND IRREPROACHABLE JOSS WHEDON (internet law requires we write his name that way). Once fans got over their disappointment that the film’s roster didn’t include iconic Avenger Dr. Druid (I know, I know, we still can’t believe it either) they had to agree this was a pretty fun movie. And it is fun, once you get past the Iron Man quips, the malnourished art major Loki as primary villain, generic robo-creature-guys from space or wherever -- once you get past all that, you have the true emotional core of the movie. Agent Coulson, and his barely-mentioned offscreen romance with a cellist who recently moved back to Portland. That’s what it’s really all about, True Believers.

So shout “Excelsior,” try to keep your eyes from rolling out of your head at the inevitable Stan Lee cameo, and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for The Avengers!
http://www.rifftrax.com/riff/avengers
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The Avengers - Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
And it is mine!

Oh yeah.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »
I couldn't be less interested in buying this after the repeated or (imo) increasingly weak superhero 'jokes' but happy to be proven wrong with feedback, hope it gets a good review.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Ben

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
I would have thought THE DARK KNIGHT RISES as a superhero flick more ripe for a skewering by Mike & Co., considering how pompous and self-important it is compared to the light-heartedness of THE AVENGERS, but I'm intrigued to see how this turns out. I've been wanting them to riff more episodes of THE INCREDIBLE HULK anyway, so this should tide me over until then.  ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
I would have thought THE DARK KNIGHT RISES as more ripe for a skewering by Mike & Co., considering how pompous and self-important it is compared to the light-heartedness of THE AVENGERS, but I'm intrigued to see how this turns out. I've been wanting them to riff more episodes of THE INCREDIBLE HULK anyway, so this should tide me over until then.  ;D
I agree that TDKR would be a good target. Who knows, we may get that early next year, fingers crossed.

And for mor Hulk riffing, have you checked out the FireRiff of Incredible Hulk, and Quiptracks of HULK?

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
Yeah, more TV Hulk. That's one of my favorite riffs.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
And for mor Hulk riffing, have you checked out the FireRiff of Incredible Hulk, and Quiptracks of HULK?

I've looked at the previews, and none of them really struck me as having that ever-elusive je ne sais quoi Mike and his comrades are so good at nailing. The riff for THE FINAL ROUND will always be the gift that keeps on giving for me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »

I've looked at the previews, and none of them really struck me as having that ever-elusive je ne sais quoi Mike and his comrades are so good at nailing. The riff for THE FINAL ROUND will always be the gift that keeps on giving for me.
Previews aren't always perfect in giving the overall quality of a riff, unfortunately.  I'd still say give it a shot. At this point in Rifftrax its likely all we'll get.