Author Topic: Your Top 50 Voice Actors Revealed!  (Read 49721 times)

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
Re: Your Top 50 Voice Actors Revealed!
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »
Wait, didn't Ed Gilbert voice Baloo the bear on the tv show Tale Spin? That's who I voted for. No offense to Phil Harris.
I know you are but what am I

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5121
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 02:07:02 AM »
Wait, didn't Ed Gilbert voice Baloo the bear on the tv show Tale Spin? That's who I voted for. No offense to Phil Harris.

No, someone else voted for Harris.   Someone named Cole Stratton.  That is not you... that I know of.

Either the Doctor Demento of England or what Darth Geek thinks everyone in England looks like.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 03:00:27 AM »
50b. Thurl Ravenscroft 

(19 points, 2 lists of 16, highest ranking: # 14 Smoky)

I was the other person with Thurl Ravenscroft. I completely forgot he also did "You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch". If I had remembered that I would have put him higher.

He was NOT the voice on the Haunted Mansion ride. That was Paul Frees, WHO BETTER BE MAKING AN APPEARANCE ON THIS LIST.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOWER THE SAFETY BAR!
I...WILL DO THAT...FOR YOU....

Frees is THE voice of the ride, but Ravenscroft's singing in "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is still vital to the ride's experience, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
Hopefully Tripe can provide some additional clips. I am Uber happy about finding Paradise Lost though :)
..Yeah... that would be great if I could do that wouldn't it? His turn as Falco is fantastic but he's just a lovely actor.

I know may are on this list because they do silly/wacky/funny voices, and that's fine; my #2 choice does that (and she's incredibly hot too, but I think she'll be showing up on here later) but Lesser doesn't do that, he just acts and conveys a scene just with his voice, he's simply superb.

Plus he's from Warwickshire (even if it's the industrial bit that was segregated from the rest of it), the greatest part of England. :)

Represent!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5684
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »

No, someone else voted for Harris.   Someone named Cole Stratton.  That is not you... that I know of.

Either the Doctor Demento of England or what Darth Geek thinks everyone in England looks like.
No, THIS is a British person:

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Tripe, I meant the only clips of I could find were of audiobooks, not the character you liked him best at
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
I know, I can't find videos featuring the right clips either. :)

I did discover that Bryan Brown had played the character in a TV movie from '93 though.

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »

Yeah, I just noticed that Mr. Harris was listed there as Baloo on TaleSpin. I guess it doesn't make any difference to the scoring.
I know you are but what am I

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »
Not a single one of mine yet. I decided against Serkis since it seemed like a stretch to have him if puppeteer voices weren't allowed.

I was going to put Phil Hendrie but then just didn't. Not really sure why.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »
That's a shame Hendrie only made it on one list. Oh well, at least he's on the list.

The guy is a unique and phenomenal talent. Not only does he improv virtually everything, he can have four or five of his characters talking to each other in one conversation...and this all done LIVE on the radio. He's definitely overlooked and underrated, and it's telling that tons of industry folks, including comedians and actors, are big fans and have a ton of respect for the guy.

For those who haven't heard of him or given his stuff a chance, I definitely recommend checking him out.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline ColeStratton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 293
  • I'm king of the room!
    • SF Sketchfest
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »

Yeah, I just noticed that Mr. Harris was listed there as Baloo on TaleSpin. I guess it doesn't make any difference to the scoring.

This list is shaping up in a way I'm not quite sure I'm down with, but let's see where it goes. I guess I'm just more into the classic voice actors and not the "Hey David Cross is funny and has done like two cartoons, let's include him" thing. Not stirring up controversy here, just an observation.

Phil Harris is THE Baloo. He's got one of the greatest voices ever. He's Thomas O'Malley in the Aristocrats and Little John in Robin Hood. Sad I'm the only one who included him at all.
My website!: www.colestratton.com
My podcast!: www.popmyculturepodcast.com
My comedy fest!: www.sfsketchfest.com
My goodness!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5684
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »
I think a lot of the classic guys (and gals) are going to be higher up on the list.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5121
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »

This list is shaping up in a way I'm not quite sure I'm down with, but let's see where it goes. I guess I'm just more into the classic voice actors and not the "Hey David Cross is funny and has done like two cartoons, let's include him" thing. Not stirring up controversy here, just an observation.

I hear ya.  I love Mr Show, but David has limited range.  Largely, my picks are guys currently in action who have pretty hefty resumes.  There are a few who have smaller ones but that's usually folks who did some great stuff in a row before moving on to something else or someone who just started to move into the field (like Maria Bamford.   Hey did you know she worked on MST3k!  She was the fiddler in the Squaredancing sketch in Bloodlust!)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 07:33:08 PM »
I went with those who can convey character well and who either have a dense CV or who inhabit a particular character really well.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3156
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2012, 01:14:38 AM »
With a couple notable exceptions, my list was almost entirely people who, if asked what their job was, would say "Voice Actor." And the couple exceptions would probably say, "Former movie star and currently a voice actor."