login

Author Topic: So I bought my first LED TV...  (Read 990 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 128
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
So I bought my first LED TV...
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
When I found out my Comcrap plan basically included TV service I wasn't using and there was no way to lower the cost without significantly affecting my transmission speed I splurged this month and bought myself a New Year's present early (I don't celebrate Xmas).

It's an NS-19E310A13 - Insignia

and since it was only 99 bucks at Best Buy I am really quite happy with it.  A 19" set is just fine for a room of this size and now I can watch those psychedelic Adult Swim cartoons and old sitcoms from my childhood and hours of Animal Planet and without even increasing my Comcrap bill.  Nifty.

I'd recommend this TV to anyone on a budget.

I never thought I'd do this.  :-[
But I'm glad I did.  Urrow seems to be too...she really LOVES watching the kitties on Animal Planet with me, and something about the flicker rate or whatever draws her to the TV monitor more than the one on the computer.  :D
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4430
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: So I bought my first LED TV...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »
I got a 55 inch Vizio Tru-LED HDTV a couple years back and I love it!
It doesn't have all the internet app stuff on it which I like cause I can just hook a computer up to it and use it as a 55 inch monitor 8)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2915
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
It's about time the prices on smaller TVs came down, they have been over priced for several years now.  It was crazy that these little screens and something like the 32 inch ones were nearly the same price.

Now we are finally back where we were before flat screens took over, when you could get a small TV for under $100.

jasimon1

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
It doesn't have all the internet app stuff on it which I like cause I can just hook a computer up to it and use it as a 55 inch monitor 8)

Plus you can probably just turn on the tv and watch something. Our tv with all the app crap takes at least 10 minutes to load everything up just so you can press the TV button.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »
My plasma 50 inch Plasma is only 720pm and the screen shows shadows on it on white screens, so it is time for a new 1080p set.

Consumer Reports gave good reviews on them so I see a shopping trip on my list soon.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4430
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »

Plus you can probably just turn on the tv and watch something. Our tv with all the app crap takes at least 10 minutes to load everything up just so you can press the TV button.
Yeah it is pretty quick to turn on.. I didn't know it had to load all that crap when you turn it on :o
I'll keep that in mind in the future..
My plasma 50 inch Plasma is only 720pm and the screen shows shadows on it on white screens, so it is time for a new 1080p set.

Consumer Reports gave good reviews on them so I see a shopping trip on my list soon.
My family and I have been real happy with our Vizio LED HDTVs.. I recommend them ;D

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2915
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

Did you set it to come up like that?

I haven't heard of any TVs that do that.  On mine the app stuff does not come up when you turn it on, it turns on as a TV or monitor and you need to press a button on the remote to go to the app stuff.  So you don't have any delay unless you want to go use an app.

Or maybe you or someone installed a bunch of those "ticker" apps, I was trying out one of the sports apps and it put stuff on the screen all the time, had to delete that app to make it stop.   That's something else you can do to speed things up, delete all the apps you don't use.  I had a bunch installed and the Netflix interface was getting slow, went back to normal after deleting a bunch of stuff I wasn't using. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:08:04 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »