Author Topic: Roger Waters  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Zealotlee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Roger Waters
« on: March 10, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
Alright, being a huge Floyd fan, I was ecstatic to hear that Roger Waters was coming down here to South Florida.  I've already seen the famous cover band known as Aussie Floyd, and that was amazing.  Question is, can Roger hold himself up alone as a solo act these days?  I'm really considering going to the show, but I don't know if it'll be worth it.  Anyone seen him live recently before?

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 3
Re: Roger Waters
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »
Oh man Aussie Floyd is really good, they do a great wide selection of the Floyd catalogue. I saw the Pink Floyd Experience a few months ago, but I didn't enjoy it as much (was apallingly high even), giant inflatable pig or no giant inflatable pig. I always wondered what its like to be in a tribute band; they must get bored of playing other artist's work, or maybe they're just robots. Or maybe they do it for the groupies? I'd do it for the groupies.
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Re: Roger Waters
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:37:36 PM »
Alright, being a huge Floyd fan, I was ecstatic to hear that Roger Waters was coming down here to South Florida.  I've already seen the famous cover band known as Aussie Floyd, and that was amazing.  Question is, can Roger hold himself up alone as a solo act these days?  I'm really considering going to the show, but I don't know if it'll be worth it.  Anyone seen him live recently before?
I haven't myself seen him solo, but a friend of mine has and said he was a strong (if not as bombastic) as ever. It's not as though the rest of Floyd ever really affected him as a performer anyway.