login

Author Topic: OC Remix Thread....  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
OC Remix Thread....
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »
Yeah, I gotta admit I was puzzled at first, I mean how many different ways can you re-do Mega Man of Final Fantasy?  Most are excellent or at least better than average.  There are some exceptions, of course....   Here's an idea, name you best /least favorite remix...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: OC Remix Thread....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:08:52 PM »
I discovered this site a couple months ago, and I LOVE most of the remixes. I've found that the songs from obscure games that I used to play all the time were way cooler than the newer games that have music that gets remixed all the time. We've HEARD Zelda performed with an orchestra. We haven't heard the Moon level in Ducktales get a funky techno remix.  :^) My favorites would be the Marble Madness remix and the Boy and his Blob remix.

Also check the links section and get the Bound Together soundtrack if you like Earthbound. Pure Gold. Well maybe 99% gold. :^)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:18 AM »
There's a Phillip Glass-style version of the theme to Yoshi's Island that's a hoot.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
Sixto Sounds - 'Castlevania Wicked Six'
Injury - 'Super Mario Bros 8 bit Eighties'  ;D

Invader_quirk

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »
Other than the Candy Kong song, the entire Kong in Koncert album is fantastic. I also love the Sonic 2 remix Strip Mine by Beatdrop.

Offline otakuhime

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Shibuya-cho, B!tches!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:13:52 AM »
I am A doujin music addict so I love this site along with animeremix, remixthasauce, and vgmix.
I have every remix they have of Schala theme's, every Terra's and Kefka's theme from FF6, all sonic & zelda remixes and lots of other crap.
if I had to pick one as my favorite I'd have to go with Final Fantasy 6 - AmIEviL - Death on the Snowfield (Terra's Theme remix): the best remix on the site IMHO
Knave! Why aren't you Dancing!?