login

Author Topic: RED Album Brings the Amazing  (Read 4977 times)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
Re: RED Album Brings the Amazing
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »
Hmm, that'd be a difficult list to make.  Also, I actually really liked Make Believe, it's probably my second-favorite album after the Blue Album.  My favorite song on the Red album so far is King (on the Deluxe version), too bad the US didn't get the version with their cover of The Weight, I'd really like to hear that.

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 12:45:08 PM »
Alright Here's my list!!!

I think I might actually make a playlist on my zune for this...

1. Say it Ain't So (Blue Album)
2. Perfect Situation (Make Believe)
3. Only In Dreams (Blue Album)
4. The Good Life (Pinkerton)
5. El Scorcho (Pinkerton)
6. Dope Nose (Maladroit)
7. Thought I Knew (Red Album)
8. Just Threw out the love of my dreams (B-Side)
9. Keep Fishing (Maladroit)
10. You Gave your Love to me Softly (B-Side, either version)
11. Surf Wax America (Blue Album)
12. Holiday (Blue Album
13. Buddy Holly (Blue Album)
14. My Name is Jonas (Blue Album)
15. Don't Let Go (Green Album)
16. Miss Sweeney (Red Album)
17. Pig (Red Album)
18. The Angel and the One

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »
Fortis, when you pick it up later on, you'll have to make sure to get the Deluxe edition of it. Otherwise you'll be missing out on one of/if not the most sweet and moving song Rivers has ever written, Pig. You'll see.

This is so, so good. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations of a Shaker Hymn) is ridiculous, but the most fun I've had w/ a Weezer song in sometime. Pig is the standout track for me, but TGMTE(VofSH) is a close 2nd. Heart Songs & The Angel and the One...Troublemaker & Dreamin'...Rivers, where have you been hiding these songs?

No doubt, their best work since Pinkerton. I enjoyed the GREEN/Maladroit albums. Make Believe was a disaster. And the RED album, it  possibly will join the brotherhood of the BLUE/Pinkerton albums for me. There's a ton to grin about in it.

(Fortis, I'm up for some Mario Kart later on. I was going to hit up the Brewer's game tonight but changed my mind. I'll meet up with you later on.)

I love Perfect Situation.  The video is awesome and it's definately the best song on Make Believe.

As for Red, Pork & Beans is amazing.  It's my new ring tone, except that I never want to answer my phone now.  I just want it to keep ringing... But The Greatest Man That Ever Lived & Heart Songs are the only two that have stuck out to me so far.  I need to give it a few more listens before I have a final verdict. 
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »
(Fortis, I'm up for some Mario Kart later on. I was going to hit up the Brewer's game tonight but changed my mind. I'll meet up with you later on.)

Wait, you can just hit up an MLB game on a whim?  What's that like?  I would love to be able to do that out here in Red Sox nation.  Heh heh.

I keep making it through the first half of the Red album since I mainly listen to music at work and people keep interrupting me.  And to be honest, I have all their others (except Pinkerton... didn't care for it other than one or 2 songs) and the only other one I really like is the Blue one.

I really like a bunch of the songs alot.  Although after the 3rd time through I'm kinda tired of Heart Songs.  I liked it at first, but now not so much.  I am bummed that I didn't get the deluxe version off iTunes as it has 1 more song than the CD version.

But overall, I was excited for it, but didn't get around to posting about it. 

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:45 PM »

Wait, you can just hit up an MLB game on a whim?  What's that like?  I would love to be able to do that out here in Red Sox nation.  Heh heh.

...hahaha.

On the contrary, try to obtain a Packer ticket here. It's on par with the Red Sox in that territory. They've to be the two toughest tickets in all of professional sports. My buddy and I have tickets on the 45-yard line for the Monday Night game whereby Favre's number is being retired. My sister's been looking for tickets, and according to her, the tickets are hovering around the $1,000+ mark...and it's only June 16th.

I paid $150 for mine. (45-yard line, 17 rows back...visitor's sideline.) Score!

...and to answer the question, it's nice walking to the gate, and being able to score a ticket down the 3rd base line.  :D

We do average somewhere around 34,000 for which is very respectable. I do prefer to hit up the Crew's games at Wrigley though. It truly is the greatest.

In case anyone didn't know, the RED album's still awesome.  :D
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:04 AM »
My 2 yr old goes absolutely bonkers when I play TGMWL, Pork & Beans, or Get Dangerous.

Absolutely hilarious.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
My 2 yr old goes absolutely bonkers when I play TGMWL, Pork & Beans, or Get Dangerous.

Absolutely hilarious.

I can't wait for the day when I have the opportunity to teach the one and only lil' TeamRAD the chorus to Surf Wax America. Just hearing him/her sing out loud, You take your car to work, I'll take my board...will melt me.

I'm not ready yet, but in the future, being a dad is going to be awesome!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
word of advice: you're NEVER ready.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »

In my case and defense, I beg to differ. With the curveballs and changeups that have been thrown my way in life to date, I'm more than ready for the surrealism of parenthood. In a matter of fact, everyone in my circle is quietly waiting for the day. I'm going to be such a kick-ass dad and sure my S.O. will be a super-RAD mom.

I should've been a tad bit more lucid on my "not ready yet" comment above. I've a couple of personal things to accomplish before I set my sights on what I'm sure will be the neatest experience of my life.

I'll also be teaching lil' TeamRAD this...

On the topic of all things Weezer, I believe more songs should have the line "mash you in the nads" in them. It's so underutilized.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
Kinda like the word "keeeyods".

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »

Just how neat is this....

The Weezer Hootenanny in Arizona...

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw94IdIxsyM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw94IdIxsyM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

I'm sure I would've brought a recorder to the event if chosen, or maybe I could've wheeled in this thing...

The Lego Harpsichord

:)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »
Here's my keeyod rocking out to the Red album.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 05:03:43 PM »
And don't forget a Weezer/Red 3 pack on Rock Band this week.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »
Here's my keeyod rocking out to the Red album.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...hahaha.

That was awesome, k1!

And don't forget a Weezer/Red 3 pack on Rock Band this week.

I'm very jazzed for tomorrow morning!

Now we just need some tour dates...