Author Topic: google timings in the readme  (Read 8281 times)

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
google timings in the readme
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »
they're just flat out off (Except for the first one). And I Dont mean a little off, I mean like 4 - 20+ seconds earlier than where the readme says the lines should be in google (it became so unreliable I quit looking). I dont understand how this is even possible. You hear the line, click back 6 seconds, then watch the time and record it. I watched the movie itself predownloaded.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:06:14 PM by FBX »

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: google timings in the readme
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:32:08 AM »
Sorry that you had a problem.  We tested our RiffTrax using this version of NOTLD:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8162994492026870322

That's the version we linked to in the readme, and I just re-confirmed that the synch line times are correct.  It's possible that you were using one of the other versions on Google video that we didn't test.  We only confirmed the one listed in the readme, so I'd stick with that one for the best performance.

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 01:19:27 AM »
wierd I was using the same one. Not sure what to tell you, I restarted the movie like 5 times and what I got was pretty consistant for myself. Perhaps using the google player vs on the web page matters?

checked- one example, "Can I have some candy" is 28:24 in the readme, but was 28:09 for me.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »
I got the timings from playing the video in firefox. 

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:16:41 PM »
I found that the only version that worked for me was the "Mellenium Edition". It was bang, spot on!
The other versions I tried were edited just slightly here and there...enough to make the DA sync lines WAY off.
But the Mellenium version was perfect.

Offline Qrusher14242

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 03:45:02 AM »
I tried downloading it from archive.org, but the synch is way off. Anyone else able to synch it up with the version from archive.org?

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »
After extensive work on the Mike Nelson solo riff MP3, these are the final sync lines one can use with the Legend release of NOTLD. I didn't keep track of where I inserted silence and where I chopped sections of time out fo the file, sorry. If someone needs this info I'd be happy to help out and post the results here. I basically used Goldwave for the mixing, only instead of the usual methods provided by Gammer and others I had to manually sync this up, line by line. It was time consuming, but I love a challenge.  :)

Call me confused. What exactly are these sync lines for?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »
After extensive work on the Mike Nelson solo riff MP3, these are the final sync lines one can use with the Legend release of NOTLD. I didn't keep track of where I inserted silence and where I chopped sections of time out fo the file, sorry. If someone needs this info I'd be happy to help out and post the results here. I basically used Goldwave for the mixing, only instead of the usual methods provided by Gammer and others I had to manually sync this up, line by line. It was time consuming, but I love a challenge.  :)

Call me confused. What exactly are these sync lines for?

Synching Mike's solo RT with Legend's release of NOTLD. I should have started my own thread instead of adding to this one. The readme file containing the sync lines that ships with the NOTLD Mike solo track is way off with the Legend colorized release. In order to make the RT fit correctly, I did have to chop of blank sections out of the source audio file in order to make this work.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:14:04 PM by CHF01 »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
Ah..ok.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
Why would you need to synch the solo RIfftrax to a DVD that comes with the same commentary?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »
Why would you need to synch the solo RIfftrax to a DVD that comes with the same commentary?

Maybe he didn't like the Legend mix??

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

I don't have the DVD. I used the NOTLD source audio and video files, the latest NOTLD VOD w/three riffers and Mike's NOTLD solo MP3. I separated the video and audio tracks, then used the source audio to voice over Mike's solo riff.

Mike's solo riff and your latest VOD's sync times are way off. So I made ti work.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »

Maybe he didn't like the Legend mix??

Don't own the DVD, only the latest NOTLD VOD. For those who want to sync in Mike's solo track with it, use the above DVD syncing info. Those times will sync you with Dis, but not the movie, you will need to do some creative editing and chop some spots out. Fortunately the spots are minimal timewise, and none of Mike's commentary gets deleted.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:17:48 PM by CHF01 »

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »
I guess that makes sense.  I wonder why the VOD would be timed differently than the solo MP3...