Author Topic: Gravity Falls  (Read 22383 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Gravity Falls
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
*sigh* Tomorrow's the final episode...  :-\

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »
And so it went, with a suitably epic, hilarious, and emotionally moving finale. So ending one of the finest shows ever made (animated or otherwise).

Frankly I'm still trying to collect my thoughts, so for now, this little thing will have to do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2016, 06:15:59 AM »
I seriously hope they put out a DVD or Blu Ray set. It would be almost $100 to get the two seasons on iTunes.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5175
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2016, 07:44:24 AM »
That was a really great finale.  Anyone else catch that Kyle MacLaughlin (Agent Dale Cooper) was the bus driver at the end?

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
I seriously hope they put out a DVD or Blu Ray set. It would be almost $100 to get the two seasons on iTunes.

I've had Season Passes in HD since the beginning, so at least I have all the episodes... but, given that Apple is terrible and makes it impossible to watch the videos you bought on a TV through HDMI (re: whenever I want to show episodes to friends and not force everyone to crowd around my tiny laptop screen), I think I'll need to rebuy the series on Amazon.

But frankly, I'd pay just about any price for a good, fully-loaded Blu-ray set.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »
I hope they DO release a set.  So many companies are getting to the point that they're not even bothering.  I've never seen Gravity Falls, but I've heard so many good things that I'd like to see it sometime soon.  But animated stuff seems to either take forever to get to Blu-ray (I guess under some impression that children don't care about Blu-ray and only want DVDs), or never make it at all (due to some weird, stupid trend in the industry that no one buys anything to keep anymore and all we want is streaming on-demand...*cough cough* SIMPSONS *cough cough*).
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2016, 05:53:46 PM »
That finale was one of the best sci-fi/fantasy/action/comedy movies I've seen in a long time. Bye Pines family, oh the feelings. HOW IS THIS A KID'S SHOW?!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2016, 06:30:33 AM »

I've had Season Passes in HD since the beginning, so at least I have all the episodes... but, given that Apple is terrible and makes it impossible to watch the videos you bought on a TV through HDMI (re: whenever I want to show episodes to friends and not force everyone to crowd around my tiny laptop screen), I think I'll need to rebuy the series on Amazon.

But frankly, I'd pay just about any price for a good, fully-loaded Blu-ray set.

I have no problems with my AppleTv hooked up via hdmi. Alternately you could try something like m4vgear to get rid of the pesky drm.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
No Apple TV for me (or any kind of "smart" TV, really), nor any plans to buy one, certainly not when my TVs otherwise work fine now. I'm exploring a few options to get the stuff I bought already to actually work where I want it to, though thanks for that advice for m4vgear (I've never heard of that before). I'll look into it.