Author Topic: Netflix is removing all of MST3K  (Read 14274 times)

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 20
Netflix is removing all of MST3K
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
I just heard this via Tumblr. Absolutely sad, because I was thinking of getting it and now I lost one of my reasons to.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Netflix is removing all of MST3K
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:17:10 AM »
They've whittled down thier selection of it over time.  Maybe they're not bothering because so many of the fans just buy the box sets anyway.  There's been maybe three episodes total that I've watched on Netflix before I had the dvd, and any other time I turn one on its just because Netflix is already on and its quicker than getting the disc.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:57 AM »
Wait, you mean Netflix Instant, right? I would think they would still have the DVDs to mail out.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5001
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
No loss to me as I have every episode available on DVD as well as backed up on 2 different hard drives 8)

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:19 AM »
Considering how their service is slowly seeming to screw over consumers I'm not surprised. Amazon Instant apparently is the go-to now anyway.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 848
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »
It's not like they stream out of the goodness of their heart.  Shout! gets paid for it and if no one is watching it they don't want to pay for it.  Also they ones they had up were terrible enocodes.  I always thought they looked like ass and I blamed it on my slow DSL but I tried watching Final Justice when I got cable internet (20mbs down) and it looked just as terrible.  The only one that looked good was the Movie.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
It's not like they stream out of the goodness of their heart.  Shout! gets paid for it and if no one is watching it they don't want to pay for it.  Also they ones they had up were terrible enocodes.  I always thought they looked like ass and I blamed it on my slow DSL but I tried watching Final Justice when I got cable internet (20mbs down) and it looked just as terrible.  The only one that looked good was the Movie.

Yeah, people never seem to realize that Netflix doesn't decide what to stream and what not to...  Yes, blame the middle-man.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

Yeah, people never seem to realize that Netflix doesn't decide what to stream and what not to...  Yes, blame the middle-man.
This is why I always scoff at the people who think Netflix is going to go to all streaming and no mailing.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »

This is why I always scoff at the people who think Netflix is going to go to all streaming and no mailing.

Their mailing is one of the biggest reasons I won't ditch them for anything like Amazon Prime or whatnot.... Peoples' "Netflix alternatives" never include DVD rental, aside from RedBox which doesn't have any selection of older movies /  TV shows (ie, the ONLY things I rent on DVD)
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
I miss Qwikster!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 334
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »

Their mailing is one of the biggest reasons I won't ditch them for anything like Amazon Prime or whatnot.... Peoples' "Netflix alternatives" never include DVD rental, aside from RedBox which doesn't have any selection of older movies /  TV shows (ie, the ONLY things I rent on DVD)

I'm totally cool with streaming everything but Netlflix streaming sucks (I gave it up) and Amazon instant is still pretty short on the old exploitation movies I love.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

I'm totally cool with streaming everything but Netlflix streaming sucks (I gave it up) and Amazon instant is still pretty short on the old exploitation movies I love.

I have too much Law & Order, Medium, Breaking Bad, anime, Andy Griffith, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, How It's Made, and Ken Burns documentaries to watch to be able to give up the streaming..... and I wonder why Netflix is confused about my interests.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 02:34:50 AM »
Most of Amazon's streaming is stuff you pay for a la carte.  You get access to EVERYTHING Netflix has for a low monthly cost.  It's apples and oranges.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 08:43:59 AM »
I have also had a terrible time with the various Amazon apps.  I got a free month of amazon prime with my kindle and had nothing but problems with buffering whenever I tried to stream amazon content.  Netflix streaming on the kindle with the same wifi connections was always flawless.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 04:59:13 AM »
And then there were none.... All the episodes are gone. The Movie is still up though.