login

Author Topic: Schwarzenegger returning for LEGEND OF CONAN!  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Schwarzenegger returning for LEGEND OF CONAN!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
I wonder if there will be another 47 minutes without dialogue at the beginning after Mako speaks like the first one.

That movie really is glorious. Without Poledouris, I'd hope they could find a composer equal to the task; maybe Giacchino could do it. He channeled Maurice Jarre for a lot of the fantastic John Carter score.
Good call Imrahil. Giacchino did some excellent music on Star Trek (2009) as well. There are a lot of subtle motifs and styles he uses that echo some of Poledouris's style.

Really?  I thought the score for Star Trek was bland and forgettable.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 04:59:41 PM »
I wonder if there will be another 47 minutes without dialogue at the beginning after Mako speaks like the first one.

That movie really is glorious. Without Poledouris, I'd hope they could find a composer equal to the task; maybe Giacchino could do it. He channeled Maurice Jarre for a lot of the fantastic John Carter score.
Good call Imrahil. Giacchino did some excellent music on Star Trek (2009) as well. There are a lot of subtle motifs and styles he uses that echo some of Poledouris's style.
Really?  I thought the score for Star Trek was bland and forgettable.
Well, I for one remember it quite well, and am impressed that he managed to write a great alternate theme to Star Trek. It's easily on par with Alexander Courage's original score, and I think arguably even better. And let's face it Sideswipe, you've made it known at every possible opportunity that you don't like the film. Isn't it possible your opinion is just slightly biased?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »
Or maybe all of the mediocre elements came together to form bad movie and thats why I dont like it?

Russell

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
Or maybe all of the mediocre elements came together to form bad movie and thats why I dont like it?
I don't know. I don't know you Sideswipe. I don't know what goes on in your mind.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
Is that the Crown of Iron movie script that has been kicking around for years? I heard it was really good.

Sincerely apologize for missing this, but yes, CROWN OF IRON was the name of the proposed sequel.

The AICN review even noted that Milius tacked on a few paragraphs at the end teasing a third film, sort of like the ending of the international cut of Conan (the one on DVD/Blu-Ray).

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 03:13:08 PM »
After after the Conan movies, I hope this is still being planned. Hopefully after TERMINATOR: GENESIS.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
After after the Conan movies, I hope this is still being planned. Hopefully after TERMINATOR: GENESIS.

He did an interview a few weeks ago for Sabotage's UK release where he talked about being a '68-year old Conan.' He turns 68 next July, so it's still in the planning stages.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
What is best in life Conan?

To gum your enemies, see them driven off your lawn, and hear the gasping of their women.