Author Topic: The Hunger Games - Available Now!!!  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
The Hunger Games - Available Now!!!
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/hunger-games

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DMJ1Pm9mpdM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DMJ1Pm9mpdM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Just when things looked grimmest for Hollywood’s bottom line and executives started seriously considering adapting the origin stories of cereal mascots for the silver screen, along came The Hunger Games to save the day! Yes, The Hunger Games, the series that critics are saying is “Almost definitely going to have the last book split into two movies” finally arrives to bring you archery, love and oh so much reaping!

Star of the show is Jennifer Lawrence, who wowed audiences in Winter’s Bone by being able to make it through a movie called Winter’s Bone without cracking a smile at the fact that the movie was named Winter’s Bone. Starring as Katniss, she volunteers for the games as a substitute for his sister Primrose, which forces her to leave behind her sort of boyfriend Gail, and get sent off to the capitol with a guy named Peeta. We contacted the folks at NASA and asked them to fire up some of their supercomputers in order to calculate which of those four names is the stupidest. They were willing, of course, but as soon as they hit start, we heard a loud buzzing in the background, and some people saying “No...No, this can’t be happening!” and “I’ve never seen a mainframe melt that fast before!” and “To the escape pods! No children allowed!”, so we figure we’re due to receive those results any minute now.

Anyways, at some point in time Lenny Kravitz shows up, bringing back fond memories of the wonderful moments just before he shows up. Stanley Tucci interviews the doomed contestants and determines whether they will join Hufflepuff or Slytherin. And Woody Harrelson, one has to imagine, took the role thinking he’d get to hang out on set all day with noted babe Elizabeth BanDEAR GOD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO NOTED BABE ELIZABETH BANKS!?

We’ll just say this: at one point Peeta claims that his professional, almost magical level of talent as a camouflage artist all stems from the fact that he is good at frosting cakes in his family’s bakery. Even this part of the movie is five hundred times less stupid than any given part of Twilight. Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, Katniss, Peeta, Canfinflas, Scrappy-Doo and Sylvester McMonkey McBean for the 74th annual Hunger Games!
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/hunger-games
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
Re: The Hunger Games - Available Now!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
At last, another modern feature movie!  Super overly-hyped blockbuster movies are just my type of riff material, since I get to see them for the first time (turned off from going to see mega blockbuster releases due to relentless media overexposure) AND it's riffed.  Thank you!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
I have NEVER heard a thing about this movie or even heard about it.   Man, the preview was great and the movie looked stinky.

I now have the MP3 and look for this movie CHEAP.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
Elizabeth Banks is a babe?

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »
Have the RiffTones release all 18 verses of the Treaty of the Treason song. Thanks in advance.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
I have NEVER heard a thing about this movie or even heard about it.   Man, the preview was great and the movie looked stinky.

I now have the MP3 and look for this movie CHEAP.

As much pop culture reference and talk I've heard about this movie, I assumed it had reached blockbuster status.  Maybe I wrongly used the term "blockbuster" in my last post, but it is very strange that you would not have heard of Hunger Games by now.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
I would imagine it would be considered a "blockbuster". It made over 400 million bucks in the States.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »
Star of the show is Jennifer Lawrence, who wowed audiences in Winter’s Bone by being able to make it through a movie called Winter’s Bone without cracking a smile at the fact that the movie was named Winter’s Bone. Starring as Katniss, she volunteers for the games as a substitute for his sister Primrose, which forces her to leave behind her sort of boyfriend Gail, and get sent off to the capitol with a guy named Peeta.

Grammara does not approve.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
AN HOUR INTO THIS THING AND THEY'RE NOT KILLING EACH OTHER YET?!

Ok, so five minutes of killing, and back to being boring. *sigh* goddamnit.

And WHY is it desirable to blow up the food in THE HUNGER GAMES?!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:23:24 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
UGH! This movie was awful. AWFUL!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:16:15 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »
UGH! This movie was aweful. AWEFUL!

Were you in awe of its awfulness?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »

Offline cliffsheets

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
Anyone have the sync file for Hunger Games? I don't see it on the list.

Offline Pitch

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »
Doesn't synch up with the Netflix version due to some snips. Does anyone know if the DVD version synch up properly? I can borrow that form my library.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »
I don't think I heard anyone complaining about sync issues with teh DVD.  I used the blu-ray and everything was fine.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com