Author Topic: RiffSync - best riff player ever  (Read 3779 times)

Offline vwqntanht

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
RiffSync - best riff player ever
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »

I just wanted to remind people of how good RiffSync (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/riffsync/id413018017?mt=12) is if you have a Mac. You can play any digital file including iTunes HD rentals or Blu-ray rips or what have you...much better quality than using a DVD. I set it up on my Mac Mini in my media center and having access to on-demand, licensed, HD-quality RiffTrax available has totally changed my Riff experience and is basically perfect.

I tried the official player but the DVD-only limitation is a huge bummer, since I don't really want a physical collection of non-HD transfers of shitty movies. :o

Plus riffsync can mute disembaudio/duck the movie audio during a riff and doesn't require a Riff sync file.

Anyway I don't think many people have bought RiffSync as there are only 9 reviews but I love it. iTunes runs on Windows too so I don't really see why it shouldn't be available for everyone...maybe RiffTrax can license or sell it as a better player.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: RiffSync - best riff player ever
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
I love Riffsync. Our GI Joe iRiff works with it (they have the sync info on their servers for it) and as soon as I find time I will be passing along the sync info for our riff of The Shadow and the Burn-E short off of Wall-E.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »
Our sync info for The Shadow is now available on RiffSync's servers!

Offline Hellmark

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
Is there a way to see a list of what riffs have sync info available? It seems like the Riffplayer is kinda neglected (been watching the Twilight movies with my Wife, and not all of them had riffplayer support). If Riffsync had support to autosync more stuff, I'd gladly buy it.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
Is there a way to see a list of what riffs have sync info available? It seems like the Riffplayer is kinda neglected (been watching the Twilight movies with my Wife, and not all of them had riffplayer support). If Riffsync had support to autosync more stuff, I'd gladly buy it.

As far as Riffsync goes I think they have almost all the riffs (plus at least two of my iRiffs).  If they don't have sync info for the movie it's super easy to set up.  Only takes a couple seconds.  And you can upload the sync settings to their servers so others can use it.  (Or I suppose you could email them and ask which ones.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:43:44 AM by k1 »

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »

Did you not visit the RiffPlayer page? There is a page dedicated to "Compatible titles" and it's even navigable from the main menu: http://www.rifftrax.com/riffplayer/compatible-titles

Maybe you think the player is neglected because you couldn't find that section of the site?

Offline philtrax

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

Hi, I'm the developer of RiffSync.  I just checked, and our server currently has sync information for about 130 riffs.  If you are interested in whether a particular riff is in there, let me know and I can look it up for you.

As k1 mentioned, it is generally not a big deal if the server doesn't have info for a riff.  RiffSync can generally figure it out automatically from the readme file.  Worst case, it presents an interface where you can get it synced up manually and then submit the sync to the server.

Thanks for the kind comments about RiffSync!  Feel free to contact me anytime with any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,
Phil

Offline PazuzuRises

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • WTFCinema: Horror/Cult/Obscure Movie Reviews
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
I purchased this a while ago..and you're correct.. Best. Riff player . Ever.