login

Author Topic: Introducing The Nintendo Wii U  (Read 11233 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Introducing The Nintendo Wii U
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »
Pricing & dates are announced.

I'll probably go for the "Deluxe" one for $349.  Bigger hard drive, a game, stands for the controller/tablet, "rewards" program for digital downloads, etc.

But the TVii feature looks really interesting particularly for sports junkies.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPydMW0zY-I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KPydMW0zY-I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Eh, if it supports USB flash drives or SD memory cards like the current Wii, I doubt I'd bother paying the extra money. It's not like the current Xbox 360 difference in hard drives of 4GB and 320 GB, after all.

Also, we've had our Wii for years and the internal memory and a 1 GB SD memory card has yet to fill up.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Introducing The Nintendo Wii U
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

Eh, if it supports USB flash drives or SD memory cards like the current Wii, I doubt I'd bother paying the extra money. It's not like the current Xbox 360 difference in hard drives of 4GB and 320 GB, after all.

Also, we've had our Wii for years and the internal memory and a 1 GB SD memory card has yet to fill up.

They're saying it can support pretty much any external USB hard drive, not just flash memory. 

I'll still be going for the black bundle.  Played Nintnedoland at the WiiU experience when it was in town, and it's fun enough.  Also because of the stand and charging cradle fro the gamepad, which will probably be $20-$30 on it's own.  Want to hear more about their online thing, but it sounds like you get price discounts on digital downloads with the black bundle.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:17:21 PM by Rainbow Dash »