Author Topic: Car Talk  (Read 23781 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3399
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Car Talk
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
Clean out your fridge and toss your old food in there.   Old ham slices may fix the interior smell.
It's gone now so good riddance :-X

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
Shouldn't these posts contain at least 30% more obnoxious laughter?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:09 AM »
So I refi'd our minivan a couple months back (going from $434 to $208 a month) paying it off through Toyota finance, and they inturn send the title to me instead of the new lien holder (USAA) so yesterday I receive a letter from them asking if I had received the title and if so to mail it to them ASAP..
I thought about just keeping cause I've been making regular payments already but thought that might lead to issues down the road (them requesting a duplicate title) so I will send it to them today.
At least with the title in hand, I could've sold it if I wanted to :o   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:39:21 AM by RVR II »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 05:38:56 AM »
I see this title being used to trade for beer and tacos.............

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 05:39:57 AM »
I see this title being used to trade for beer and tacos.............
I don't think it's worth it.. Beer and tacos are worth much more :P

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
Why would a headlight be sorta dim?  Is the bulb burning out?  My car's right headlight seems to be shedding SOME light, but not the same brightness as the left.  I would think that the right would be completely dark if it just needed a new bulb.

I replaced the left bulb about 2 years ago, but the right bulb is the same one that came with the car (which is a 2002 that I bought used in 2007).

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
Could be a yellowing of the lens that the bulb is in or the filament is getting ready to go..  :-\
Might as well replace that one with a newer brighter bulb and see if that does the trick

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
So I talk to the brother in law this weekend and he needs a replacement passenger side mirror for the 1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan we drove to Mexico back in 2006 cause someone broke/destroyed the existing mirror..
Found one as cheap as $35 and as much as $100 Used!
He wants to replace the drivers side as well but it still works so unless he has a couple hundred dollars to wire up, all he's getting is the one that needs replaced ::)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Headlight's definitely out.  I bought a new one a week ago but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.  It's such a major pain in the ass to install those things.  I should do it soon though.  The days are getting shorter.  I have some night driving to do tonight too...

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Went to Walmart Friday night for a new tire.  My passenger front got a flat, and I figured it would be safer to buy a new one then to run on the spare all weekend.  It was after 6, so my mechanic is closed for the weekend.  It's just a tire change after all, what could possibly go wrong?

I mentioned to both ladies at the cash registers and the mechanic that my driver's side window wouldn't work.  I even put tape over it to remind them.  It's been that way for a while, it will go down, but not up.  It's the window motor, and I was going to have it fixed next week.  Payday.

The tire change goes well, but the first thing the cahier says?  Your window won't go up.  WTH?  I reminded her what I said and asked why in the world did they need my window down to change a tire anyway?  Apologies of course, but they can't fix it.  So Sat. through today it has been raining off and on all day with 50 some degree weather.  I'm having to drive to work with my window down in the cold.  Twenty seven miles on the interstate.  I tried putting up plastic, but I can't see anything through it.

My mechanic said he would raise the window for me free of charge Wednesday.  It has to be Wednesday because I usually don't get home until 7 or 8 on weekdays now.  But I'm off Wednesday.

Stupid Walmart.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
I finally got around to taking care of that malfunctioning headlight.  Since it was a small repair, I figured I could do it myself.  I bought the bulb 2 weeks ago at the Wal-Mart.  I'd already replaced the other headlight like 2 years ago.  I'd forgotten what a pain in the ass it was, and sorta forgotten how to do it.

I asked my father for help, and he noticed something I didn't; the little plug that goes into the headlight from the engine or alternator or whatever it is that supplies actual electricity, was not connected.  We had to take out some screws and stuff to get the headlight housing loose to reconnect it, but my headlights are working okay.  Good thing I kept the receipt and can just get a refund.

I guess last month, when the mechanics were replacing my battery and alternator, they didn't reconnect the passenger's side headlight properly.  Grrr...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
We bought a car.
How bad did the sales person haggle you? :o

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
I saw you got a Hyundai in another thread. What kind did you get?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »
Fuck! The brakes are squeaking on our 07 Toyota Sienna,,

I can get front and rear brake pads pretty cheap but the labor will be costly :-[

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
That's a nice car. Shiny, too. :)
Bonhead #2
fs!!