login

Author Topic: Marvel TV: 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - The Thread  (Read 40698 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
Re: Joss Whedon's Show for Marvel: 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - The Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »
I have a question for anyone willing to help.

I suspect people know my feelings about spoilers [if not, the short form is: I will avoid even trailers for films I intend to see and all talk about such, to try to avoid spoilers].

Well, when I started watching season 3 episode 20 of Agents of SHIELD last week, within the first five minutes they were already mentioning things from Captain America: Civil War (the law for powered people registration was, luckily, all I recall, and that was in the comics, so I knew it was likely to begin with).  I turned it off immediately, and figured I'd have to wait for Civil War to come out on Blu-ray before I could finish the season off.

So my question is this, now that the season finale has aired:
Are there any additional spoilers for Captain America: Civil War in Agents of SHIELD beyond that first few minutes of last week's episode?  And/or, are there any beyond the presence of the registration law and possibly the fate of Captain America (as in the comics, which may not have even been carried over to the films, given how they change such storylines)?

If not, I'll go ahead and watch the rest of the season.

Thank you!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
I just finished the finale. You should be ok to watch the rest of the season. That was the only mention I recall of anything really Civil War related.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2016, 07:13:07 PM »
Thank you very much, k1!  I appreciate it.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
It seems some people's speculation was correct (that speculation being that it wasn't an Inhuman that the burning image was related to).  [Posted today, an hour ago, apparently.]

SDCC: Ghost Rider Confirmed for "Agents of SHIELD" Season 4

During today's panel for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." at Comic-Con International: San Diego it was revealed that Ghost Rider will make his debut on Season 4 of the series.

Marvel rolled a brief clip of the standard S.H.I.E.L.D. logo, which burned red with heat and burst into flames. As the flames rolled back, a flaming skull appeared -- confirming longstanding rumors that Ghost Rider would appear on the show.

As indicated in previous reports, the Ghost Rider appearing on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will be the Marvel NOW! version of the character, Robbie Reyes. Reyes took up the Ghost Rider following a misunderstanding that resulted in being gunned down in the streets. He was revived by the ghost of Eli Morrow, his estranged uncle and Satanic serial killer. Permanently bonded with the Spirit of Vengeance, Robbie satiates Eli's thirst for murder by killing only those with truly evil souls. When he is not in his transformed state, Robbie takes care of Gabe, his developmentally disabled brother, and attends high school. This iteration of the character swaps out Ghost Rider's iconic motorcycle for a sleek black Dodge Charger.

The addition to Ghost Rider on the series is also notable for being the first time the character has appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While we already saw the character in live-action in the less-than-well-received Nicolas Cage films, those movies were produced by Sony, and not a part of Marvel Studios' canon. Now that the rights have reverted back to Marvel and Disney, the studios have license to use the character in a series like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," or his own potential project.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
A weird choice, IMO, and one that will probably lead to a less than spectacular adaptation of Ghost Rider. (I do enjoy AoS though)
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:18 PM »
It just makes me wonder why they had a character that used a flaming chain in the previous season if they knew they were going to have the Ghost Rider in it now.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2016, 10:20:24 PM »
I would suggest because hey didn't know?
FINE

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »
There were reports a while back that Norman Reedus was interested in playing Ghost Rider. Wonder if that was a little clever marketing/forshadowing.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2016, 11:19:52 PM »
There were reports a while back that Norman Reedus was interested in playing Ghost Rider. Wonder if that was a little clever marketing/forshadowing.

It's gonna be Gabriel Luna

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-gabriel-luna-is-agents-of-shields-ghost-rider
FINE

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2016, 11:25:12 PM »
Cool 'nuff. I'm actually not sure whether Reedus would have been a good thing or not. Maybe for a movie, but I dunno if he'd fit in on Agents of SHIELD.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:51 AM »
So I'm loving the new season so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
Not fond of the car they show in the promotions, I'd rather it be a motorcycle. But if they use the idea that he can turn any vehicle he's on into a flaming vehicle, that could be interesting.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
This is a different Rider than the Johnny Blaze Rider most people are familiar with. Robbie uses a muscle car, but I'm pretty sure it's implied that whatever a rider rides is going to catch fire. (I want Marvel to get right on a Unicyclist rider for that reason.)

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 5809
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2016, 11:14:42 AM »
If he chooses a Ford Pinto, are the flames even larger?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »
If he chooses a Ford Pinto, are the flames even larger?
That would be funny if he does and the car just explodes. Staggers out, "What the Hell?"

In the Quiptracks riff of Ghost Rider (2007) they had a running gag about riders from different eras with silly flaming vehicles.