Author Topic: Marvel TV: 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - The Thread  (Read 40730 times)

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
Re: Joss Whedon's Show for Marvel: 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - The Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »
This feels much more in sync with the Marvel universe now. I'm not sure why specifically...but I guess it just felt like they finally found their footing. Like Pak-Man said, a really strong start. I'm loving this show more and more!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »
If you gave up the show in the first few eps you should pick it up from episode 10, it gets fantastic from then on.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2015, 08:08:07 AM »
My old issue with it now is how stretched the plotlines are. Especially everything with Sky's father. I really expected to really see him do something in the mid season finale, but it was yet another cop out.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2015, 10:20:57 PM »
I'm really fucking angry.  At myself as much as at this show.

Because, in the first 10 minutes of the current episode ("Scars") there is an almost throwaway comment made that just flat-out states what can only be assumed to be a major plot point from 'Avengers: Age of Ultron', which I have not seen yet.  What was said (paraphrased) is in the spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Had they had the tiniest clip from the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' movie in the 'Previously' section, I could have - and would have - turned it off before the major spoiler hit.

[The reason I'm angry at myself is because, when 'CapAm: Winter Soldier' fell mid-season last year for 'Agents', I realized that IT was going to have carry-over into 'Agents', so didn't watch the rest of the season of 'Agents' until, well, until a random poster for the show that I saw on-line blew the Big Reveal that was in there about S.H.I.E.L.D., at which point, the internet had spoiled that for me already, so I watched the rest of the season.]

I HATE spoilers!

Damn it!!

[[Edit was to remove some large text size.]]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:39:11 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2015, 04:04:58 AM »
This post confused me because Coulson isn't in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and
can't really be considered a spoiler is it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:06:40 AM by BathTub »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2015, 06:17:53 AM »

I had already seen the movie, so what annoyed me about that line is that

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »
It's not as major a spoiler as it sounds like. It's a single moment in the movie. It solves a big problem, and you still probably won't piece together how it happens until it does. Age of Ultron isn't spoiled. Don't worry. :^)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »

I had already seen the movie, so what annoyed me about that line is that

Big spoilers here, though:

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
It's not as major a spoiler as it sounds like. It's a single moment in the movie. It solves a big problem, and you still probably won't piece together how it happens until it does. Age of Ultron isn't spoiled. Don't worry. :^)

Thank you.  I think it bothered me so much because I remembered - only after seeing that part of the show - that about two weeks ago I thought, "I have to remember to not watch any 'Agents of SHIELD' episodes after 'Av:AoU' comes out until I've seen the film," but then forgot it when it came time for the episode to air.

Hopefully the combination of 'CapAm: Winter S' and 'Aven: AoUltron' having events that show up in 'Agents' will get me to remember for next year's films that appear during the show's season [Captain America: Civil War  -  May 6, 2016 which is highly likely to have cross-over effects // and Doctor Strange  -  November 4, 2016 which may or may not have effects (if Agents has a fourth season)].

Are there any other spoilers in that episode of 'Agents' which relate to 'A: Ultron'?  Thanks, anyone.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:03:06 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
After that line? There's a reference to some stuff Tony Stark did that kicked off the events of the movie, but it really only spoils the setup, which you may or may not already know about.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »
Thanks, Pak.  :)

My admittedly vague understanding of the start of the film was that

But if it is the set-up for the film (first few minutes), rather than important plot points from later, then it's OK.  It is more the progression of the story and surprises that Whedon has in store that I'm more concerned about with spoilers.

EDIT:  Screw it... I'm having one of my very rare GOOD days, and there's a showing at an IMAX theater that I was unaware of near me (I'd been thinking the closest one was a 30-40 minute drive away, so was factoring that into what brainpower would be needed), and it starts in less than an hour.  Enough time to take extra seizure meds (to counter the overwhelm from sound/visual input) and have them in my system by the time it starts, and enough time to get there comfortably.

So, presuming they aren't sold out (unlikely for a Thurs eve I hope), I'll see Avengers: Age of Ultron tonight and it won't matter what else is in 'Agents' from here to the end of the season.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:55:45 PM by LucasM »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2015, 07:28:25 PM »
This and Agent Carter both picked up for new seasons!
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »
Wooooo! I was worried about Agent Carter. The critics loved it, but the ratings didn't.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
Wooooo! I was worried about Agent Carter. The critics loved it, but the ratings didn't.

Yeah, me too.

Wish they'd announce those other two shows they have in the works.

And some dates for the other Netflix shows while they're at it.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »
Just got home.  Will likely join in the 'Ultron' thread when I'm a tad more coherent.  And will watch my abruptly terminated episode of 'Agents' we were discussing above to finish off the night.

Joining Grug III and Pak in being glad both 'Agents' and 'Carter' were picked up for another season each.