login

Author Topic: LoC #63: Top 50 Songs from Movies  (Read 55769 times)

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1384
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: LoC #63: Top 50 Songs from Movies
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
None so far, the fact it's not all musicals is an encouraging start for me though
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »
Yay for Eye of the Tiger!

I was thinking of the version during the credits in Rocky IV though, forgot it was in Rocky III
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »
None so far, the fact it's not all musicals is an encouraging start for me though
Yeah, I am glad of that too. I didn't submit a list as I was too busy. But I am looking forward to Top 50 Musicals, whenever that happens, and glad it won't just be redundant.

#42: The Touch
31 Points (On 2 of 19 lists)
Highest Placement: #3 by Pak-Man

Featured In: Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Composer: Stan Bush

The Touch is one of my favorite songs. It just hits that nostalgic and cheesy fun nerve like no other. Whenever I hear it I absolutely cannot get the HUGE grin off my face.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 06:34:18 AM »
Hold up. List is on hold for right now until I can figure out how the fuck to fix this that doesn't involve completely redoing the entire thing (but I think that's what will be involved).
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
Hold up. List is on hold for right now until I can figure out how the fuck to fix this that doesn't involve completely redoing the entire thing (but I think that's what will be involved).
No worries. Having some hiccups in ranking is pretty much LoC tradition.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
This is more than just a hiccup or a misplaced calculation. This affects everything I've posted so far. Goddammit.

I think, anyway. Let me rework the numbers and see what happens.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »

Wha' happen'?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »
I'm sure nobody will mind if you need to start again, anyone who bitches can just run the next one
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Okay, all of the lists I received started with their #1 and went down the line, except for one, which started with #25. Only I didn't realize it when I was doing the tabulations and now I need to flip flop that person's list, which will most likely affect what I've posted so far.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
Okay, all of the lists I received started with their #1 and went down the line, except for one, which started with #25. Only I didn't realize it when I was doing the tabulations and now I need to flip flop that person's list, which will most likely affect what I've posted so far.
Ugh, I know what you mean. Somebody did that to me on the iRiffs list, and I was *this* close to making the same mistake you did. For crying out loud, it's just a list of 25. As a wise philosopher once said "Some motherfucker's always trying to ice skate uphill."

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
Actually I can't blame the person. I think I've submitted a list like that before. And it's my own fault, I should have caught that. I'm just glad it was noticed before I got too far into the list.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012, 07:15:02 AM »
someone demanded we submit lists that way once.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2012, 07:17:57 AM »
Damn, I should have done that. Think of the hilarity.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »
Alright. Modified list.  :grr:

#50: Blue Danube
28 Points (On 2 of 19 lists)
Highest Placement: #11 by Compound
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=25748.msg746354#msg746354

#49: Storybook Love
Highest Placement: #8 by Cole Stratton
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=25748.msg746381#msg746381
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:43:13 AM by wurwolf »
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
#48: A View to a Kill
Highest Placement: #4 by Gunflyer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fp4CR2HcHLQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Fp4CR2HcHLQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Featured In: A View to a Kill

Composer: John Barry & Duran Duran

Performer: Duran Duran

Description:
There are three different versions of "A View to a Kill", two of which were made by Duran Duran and contain no reference to the James Bond theme. It is the only James Bond theme song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100. In 1986, the song received a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song.

Duran Duran was chosen to do the song after Duran Duran bassist John Taylor (a lifelong Bond fan) approached producer Cubby Broccoli at a party, and somewhat drunkenly asked "When are you going to get someone decent to do one of your theme songs?"

The song was the last track that the original five members of Duran Duran recorded together until their reunion sixteen years later, in 2001. It was played at their final 1985 performance together before splitting for the very first time, at Live Aid in Philadelphia. The single was at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 at the time they performed it on that historic event.

The song was accompanied by a tongue-in-cheek video filmed in June 1985. It was directed by the duo Godley & Creme (who had also directed their 1981 video for "Girls on Film.") The video cast the band members as spies and assassins scampering all over the Eiffel Tower, in a rather tangled thicket of half-sketched storylines. Band members execute many actions: Roger Taylor sends out his probe-cams from inside his mobile HQ to patrol around the whole Eiffel Tower, Nick Rhodes takes pictures with his spy cam, John Taylor supposedly gives a "helping hand" to Bond (Roger Moore) by shooting at May Day (Grace Jones) with his hidden "binnoculars-camouflaged" gun while Andy Taylor directs his sonic accordion attacks upon Nick as Simon Le Bon wanders about, using a portable cassette player to set off a series of explosions elsewhere in the world. These shots are intercut with a few scenes taken from the A View to a Kill film, including those featuring Moore and Jones on the Eiffel Tower, so that it appears the actors and the band are participating in the same storyline.

At the end of the video, a woman approaches Le Bon asking him "Excuse me! Aren't you...?", then he finishes with a spoof of Bond's signature introduction, smarmily introducing himself: "Bon. Simon Le Bon." After saying this, he looks at his fake cassette player only to notice that it is programmed to make the Eiffel Tower explode immediately. However, instead of the entire tower collapsing, a postcard with a picture of Eiffel Tower that is being sold at a tourist stand on the ground floor explodes as a gun barrel closes to end the video.
Bonhead #2
fs!!