Author Topic: RIP neil armstrong  (Read 2587 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2962
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: RIP neil armstrong
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was Pete Conrad that said the long step thing.  Not sure what Buzz said first after stepping off the LEM pad, was it the "magnificent desolation" quote?

I guess the person that posted a little while ago turned out to be a spammer?  Or a previously banned person?  There were a few posts in a few threads that seemed like a real person and then they were all gone.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was Pete Conrad that said the long step thing.  Not sure what Buzz said first after stepping off the LEM pad, was it the "magnificent desolation" quote?
That was before leaving the module, when they were surveying the moon from inside.

I think his first words while actually stepping onto the moon was something of a practical nature, something about the landing gear I think can't remember what though.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
I guess the person that posted a little while ago turned out to be a spammer?  Or a previously banned person?  There were a few posts in a few threads that seemed like a real person and then they were all gone.
"Seemed like" is the key part there. I reproted them, and some mod must have agreed with my suspicion.