login

Author Topic: Separate Ways  (Read 4927 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: Separate Ways
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »
Back in the day, Seperate Ways was a rockin' video. Still love Journey, but damn, that video now ranks up there with the cheesiest of them.

It will NEVER be as cheesy as the video for Billy Squier's "Rock Me Tonite."
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 06:18:42 PM »
Back in the day, Seperate Ways was a rockin' video. Still love Journey, but damn, that video now ranks up there with the cheesiest of them.

LOL! Totally forgot about "Rock Me Tonite." Another music video I totally loved back in the day. Billy Squier was rockin' his cut-off pink shirt (if I remember correctly), and another case of  "air drumming." I don't know if Seperate Ways is that far behind in terms of cheese. 
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »

LOL! Totally forgot about "Rock Me Tonite." Another music video I totally loved back in the day. Billy Squier was rockin' his cut-off pink shirt (if I remember correctly), and another case of  "air drumming." I don't know if Seperate Ways is that far behind in terms of cheese. 

Squier claims the video "ruined" his career.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline zaxxon25

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • BoC Thurs
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 06:00:48 AM »
The Beavis and Butthead riff on "Separate Ways" is perhaps my favorite one of their commentaries.  Especially the Partridge Family dig.  Based on that alone I have a pretty full resevoir of patience for this particular Journey video.

MontyServo

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »

Squier claims the video "ruined" his career.

The career killer:

[yt=425,350]LYPB0i0jN-8[/yt]

I used to have the LP this was from.

And ironically enough, this is exactly what I do when I get up in the morning.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:36:02 PM by MontyServo »

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
 :o  Oh good Jesus, it's worse than I remember. Billy forgot to take his meds before the video shoot.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »
:o  Oh good Jesus, it's worse than I remember. Billy forgot to take his meds before the video shoot.

He also apparently forgot to buy his bedroom furniture back from Guido the Killer Pimp.

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:40 PM »

He also apparently forgot to buy his bedroom furniture back from Guido the Killer Pimp.

yeah,but he rocked hard back in the day.

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 11:03:48 PM »

No joke. Apparently all he needed was a satin bed, a couple shirts, and he was good to go.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
God damn, videos used to be awesome!

TESTIFY!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!