login

Author Topic: Chronicles of Narnia BBC TV Series (1988-1990)  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Chronicles of Narnia BBC TV Series (1988-1990)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
I thought the BBC used the term series the same way we use season. And don't most british TV shows just have 6 or so shows per year? I thought that was thier standard?

As for interest, I think it would be a big seller if they could get it as a VOD.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 04:03:07 AM »
I thought the BBC used the term series the same way we use season. And don't most british TV shows just have 6 or so shows per year? I thought that was thier standard?

As for interest, I think it would be a big seller if they could get it as a VOD.
That's exactly it, beef's entirely wrong; both on what the show counts as and the idea I'm all that invested in this being riffed. But. of course, he's merely trolling at this point.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:46:11 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
Hey, I'm just going off how it was billed here in the States (on PBS back in the 80's)... It was a "miniseries", which is what a 4-7 episode series is called on American TV. Nothing about that statement is wrong OR trolling.

And I really don't give a flying fuck how invested you are in this being riffed.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
No need to swear. :)

If the thread bothers you stop posting in it, you were wrong, let it go.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
Now who's trolling?
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »
Still you. :)

Now see I generally despise all of the "good" characters in the Narnia books and their adaptations, not least because the rightful Queen of Narnia is always so much more fun, and Babs Kellerman is awesome at biting off huge chunks of the scenery to masticate in her portrayal. I'm sure the riffs around her alone would be tons of fun. But I think the BBC is pretty protective of it, not least because some really do associate the kitty-cat with Jesus a bit too much.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:49:37 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
I always saw Aslan as more of a John Quincy Adams sort of analogy, myself...  You know, the Lion of the Tribe of Adams, or whatever.

I think something like this would HAVE to be VOD for it to get any (ie, more than 5) sales though... Personally, I'd like to see a riff of the more recent movie.  Not nearly enough walking scenes in that film though. Half the book is walking, and they left it all out to make it more tolerable or something. Did they learn nothing from The Lord of The Rings movies?!?

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 7
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:23 PM »
Sorta like Max headroom was super supper short season 1 and 2 (and pilots - I wish they'd reboot it, correctly of course)  amazingly epic/ahead of it's time). (refering to miniseries / serials in england)

I would LOVE to see Rifftrax tackle a serial, like in the MST3K days or even a short-series as an VOD - where you could buy the episodes kidna like shorts or buy an ISO of the whole series. Master Ninja I & II, Riding With Death, etc - all made me want to see "The Master" and "Gemini Man" riffed from beginning to end haha (esp. The master - something about Lee Van Cleef and Timothy Van Patten - fantasticly AWKWARD buddy-series hahaha). Even something like Flash Gordon would be great (one of the few serials ive seen from beginning to end without a riff hahaha) - you know the guy who played flash gordon - Buster Crabb was so self-conscious about his bleach blonde hair that he wouldn't go out without a hat while he was filming the series. Haha just shows how long ago that was, 1950's - bleach blonde hair is taboo haha.
Source Auras - AMKR & Josh Grooves.

Soundcloud.com/aeonsold (now broken up, working on new project Source Auras currently - all old material)