Author Topic: Tragedy in Aurora.  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
Re: Tragedy in Aurora.
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:39 AM »
Court is very scary for people that obey the law. People strike each other all the time without knowing each others names. Gangs do drive-byes and no one can identify individuals.
People are crazy! Suing only works if you know who did it.
I was randomly punched by a man on the bus once. Split my lip. I would have loved to take the fucker to court, but the simple fact of the matter is he walked off the bus in the confusion.
Yet you hear NOTHING of these obnoxious twats being accosted.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Court is very scary for people that obey the law. People strike each other all the time without knowing each others names. Gangs do drive-byes and no one can identify individuals.
People are crazy! Suing only works if you know who did it.
I was randomly punched by a man on the bus once. Split my lip. I would have loved to take the fucker to court, but the simple fact of the matter is he walked off the bus in the confusion.
Yet you hear NOTHING of these obnoxious twats being accosted.

This wouldn't be a random situation though, its at an organized event, with a lot of witnesses, likely with police nearby in case things get out of hand.  I have heard stories of them being accosted, and it either ends with a court settlement, or it was done by the police pulling them over before they made it to the funeral and purposefully wasting their time.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 987
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
And the first comedian to make a shitty, unfunny joke about Aurora is....

Dane Cook!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KZATGRjj1G4?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KZATGRjj1G4?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
As if people needed another reason to despise Dane Cook. I think what I find most shocking about this is the fact Dane Cook is still relevant enough to garner media attention.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
As if people needed another reason to despise Dane Cook. I think what I find most shocking about this is the fact Dane Cook is still relevant enough to garner media attention.

Maybe he can find out first hand why he should not make these shit comments.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »
He'd actually earned a decent amount of good will from me after his Louie appearance (one of my favorite episodes of that show).  I still didn't think he was funny but it was cool of him to do that.  This pretty much wipes that out, so I'm back to despising the piece of shit.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
I actually liked a lot of Dane's stuff in the past, and I've never wanted to jump on the Dane-hating bandwaggon...but shit that's just horrid.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »

Unfortunately, tragedies like this tend to bring opportunistic assholes out the woodwork. I remember that shitbird Jack Thompson trying to make the media rounds after the VA Tech shootings.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
Wait, did Cho play video games or something?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
Yeah, a little, so of course Jack Thompson had to complete his full-on transformation from Attention Whore to Even-Tiniest-Modicum-of-Relevancy Whore. I wrote about it at the time:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
Wow, until just a while ago when I read that I wasn't even aware hat he'd have room to wiggle his way inside the story. Astounding.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
Wow . . . That takes a whole new kind of asshattery. Dude-brah just couldn't let it be.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 987
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »
Two tech guys will tell Denver area moviegoers, “Tonight, the movie’s on us.”

In the wake of the Aurora theater shooting, many people are hesitant to return to the box office.

Two Denver area techies are planning a night to help locals take back the movies.

Jason Cole and David Mayer, members of the New Tech monthly tech meetup group, will be purchasing tickets and handing them out at theaters in Aurora and the greater metro area on Saturday, Aug. 11.

“We’re going to go to as many theaters as we can and pay for everyone’s movie tickets,” they say. “Our message is simple: “Tonight, the movie’s on us. Go, enjoy. This isn’t a fundraiser, it’s not a memorial service. Some jerk tried to steal a night of fun from all of us. Tonight, we’re giving it back.”

They’re seeking donations to help pay for the tickets, and volunteers to hand out the free passes. For more information, visit Take Back the Movies.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
I need to find those guys!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.