Author Topic: Anyone listen to Phil Hendrie?  (Read 851 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Anyone listen to Phil Hendrie?
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
Just curious if anyone here is a fan of Phil Hendrie?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Anyone listen to Phil Hendrie?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Ann loves him.

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I remember the first time I stumbled across the Phil Hendrie show not knowing anything about it. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great stuff, but I haven't heard him in a long time.  Don't think he is on here locally anymore.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
Just curious if anyone here is a fan of Phil Hendrie?

You bet your sweet christ I am! I've been listen to Hendrie since around 2001. He's an incredibly unique talent, and funny as all hell.

I lost a bit of interest/respect after he jumped on the pro-Bush, pro-war bandwagon, but even then, he still managed the occasional great bit.

I remember the first time I stumbled across the Phil Hendrie show not knowing anything about it. 

There's nothing like hearing Hendrie for the first time. It's a magical and baffling experience.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Yes!!  I have been a fan since he was local on WIOD in 1994 in Miami Fla. I regularly listened to a talk show guy named Niel Rogers and Phil followed him the afternoon drivetime slot. When Neil was done he came on and I was just casually listening. The first time I heard it he had:

Then it was on! so many outraged callers. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I remember trying to explain what I heard to a friend of mine but he was already wise to Phil and clued me in. I haven't listened to Phil in years but I used to be a member of his site and I was going through some old MP3 from a long time ago so I re-upped for the month and listened to a couple new shows and I was still cracking up. I will probably keep the subscription for a while. 

Ted Bell said on the show I listened to today that "Chick-Fil-A tastes like what certain parts of China looks like"!!  Classic Ted Bell.

One thing since he has been syndicated that doesn't happen anymore is he was fond of taking wrong number calls and putting them on the air and see where they go. There is a classic bit of a Mrs. Edleman thinking she is calling her bank and Phil strung her along for 40 or 50 minutes.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »
I do not listen to him! (glad I could help)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
Huge fan of Phil.