Top 50 Foods with Chocolate
0 (0%)
Top 50 Songs from Movies
8 (32%)
Top 50 Game shows
4 (16%)
Top 50 Movies from the 80s
2 (8%)
Top 50 Muppets (or Jim Henson characters)
2 (8%)
Top 50 Countries
0 (0%)
Top 50 Musicals
8 (32%)
Top 50 Deities
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: August 06, 2012, 04:02:25 PM

Author Topic: Vote for LoC 63  (Read 5984 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1653
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Vote for LoC 63
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daria, Scrubs, Simpsons (a few actually), South Park (also a few I believe), Grey's Anatomy (I didn't say they were all good shows), That 70's Show, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and How I Met Your Mother, to name a few.  There are also TV shows that are musicals, like Glee or Smash.

I'd agree that muscial TV shows are easier to find, also less chance of vomiting blood out of boredom to avoid the twee, cheesiness of most musical movies.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »
I don't mind including TV episodes, but do we really have to include stage productions? Because, isn't that pretty much ALL of them? Seems like that would constitute it's own list.

Yep, Titus Andronicus and Glengary Glen Ross were among my favourite musicals.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daria, Scrubs, Simpsons (a few actually), South Park (also a few I believe), Grey's Anatomy (I didn't say they were all good shows), That 70's Show, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and How I Met Your Mother, to name a few.  There are also TV shows that are musicals, like Glee or Smash.

I'd agree that muscial TV shows are easier to find, also less chance of vomiting blood out of boredom to avoid the twee, cheesiness of most musical movies.

You have quite a way with words.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »

My complete lack of interest in musicals and... 'song and dance' movies is pretty well recorded I feel.  I'd probably be able to throw a list together if TV eps were included because I love a lot of Simpsons songs, etc I just find most of the movies really boring.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »

So uplifting and positive, too. A real celebration of the human spirit.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »

My complete lack of interest in musicals and... 'song and dance' movies is pretty well recorded I feel.  I'd probably be able to throw a list together if TV eps were included because I love a lot of Simpsons songs, etc I just find most of the movies really boring.

I actually kind of agree with you but it looks like musicals is nearly a done deal.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
Never say never.  Wait you didn't.  But still, I could see a last minute upset pretty easily.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »

Yep, it's waaaaaay different to Imrahil going around hating everything and you commenting on that.   

I actually kind of agree with you but it looks like musicals is nearly a done deal.

Has it been decided TV shows won't be included?

Never say never.  Wait you didn't.  But still, I could see a last minute upset pretty easily.

Songs from movies could be fun, sure.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:51:08 AM by ScottotD »
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »

Yep, it's waaaaaay different to Imrahil going around hating everything and you commenting on that.

What the hell are you talking about? You hammer people for being too negative, and then pull the exact same shit. It's completely hypocritical. Do yourself a favor and buy some fucking self-awareness.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:28 AM »

What the hell are you talking about? You hammer people for being too negative, and then pull the exact same shit. It's completely hypocritical. Do yourself a favor and buy some fucking self-awareness.

Fuck off, you and Im talk about me being 'pro-everything' more than I do.  I have opinions and I chose to judge things after seeing them, these are not mutually exclusive. 

Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I'm going to take your bitchy bullshit, you might be able to scare new members off with it but I've seen your act enough to find it more sad than threatening. 
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6581
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »
I can't beleive we're really arguing about something this emotionally, in the suggest a LoC thread. No wonder Quirk left.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7359
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »
I can't beleive we're really arguing about something this emotionally, in the suggest a LoC thread. No wonder Quirk left.

that's it! time to stab you!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:15 AM »

Fuck off, you and Im talk about me being 'pro-everything' more than I do.  I have opinions and I chose to judge things after seeing them, these are not mutually exclusive.

That's what makes it so ridiculous. You'll defend shit to the death (oftentimes just to be an antagonistic troll) as long as it's not something you happen to hate, then all bets are off and you're referencing vomiting blood. And again, if you had any sense of self-awareness, you would recognize the absurdity of your behavior. It's really quite comical.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »

Eh, comes down to what Asbestos Bill was talking about.  Got to try and kick against the pricks

words

Yes, my opinion is different to yours.  I understand. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:12:30 AM by ScottotD »
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
We're dancing very close to the personal attack line here. Please stop dancing, everyone.