Author Topic: Yay - my first Rifftrax! :D  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Kruge

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 3
  • FABRICATI DIEM PVNC!
    • brielmusik - my blog and music
Yay - my first Rifftrax! :D
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
Thanks to the guys at cracked who recently published (and paid for) some of my images I for the first time have some money on my paypal and spent some of it on Rifftrax now. I'm totally looking forward to Ghosthouse and Future Force. :D

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Yay - my first Rifftrax! :D
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
Ghosthouse is awesome. One of my favorites ever. Haven't seen Future Force yet, due to lack of money.

Offline Kruge

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • FABRICATI DIEM PVNC!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:01 PM »
9 minutes downloadtime remaining. :) (I thought I'd start with some complete movies instead of the whole synching business). Of course I know a lot of clips from Youtube and also pretty much all of MST3K and I'm a *big* fan of the concept and the guys - so I'm really hyped right now about something new. :)

Ghosthouse I've actually seen last year (sans comment) and the movie on itself was ridiculous and I thought it'd be perfect for a Riff.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
You have quite a selection to choose from at this point!!  Don't get too down on the sync aspect there are ways around it and there are a ton of great MP3s!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Kruge

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • FABRICATI DIEM PVNC!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
If I had the money I'd simply get everything right away. :) And judging from the youtube clips I already have a list of "Must-Gets", so if my luck with photoplasties continues I sure won't stop at those two movies.

If you read Cracked too I'm "CommanderKruge" over there and I'm in the photoplasties since March - also I post all my submissions, even the un-published ones from there on my own blog bit by bit. ^^

Stuff like for example "Pictures taken by fictional characters":

^^

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 309
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
Congrats, Kluge. Have fun and tell us how it went.

Offline Kruge

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • FABRICATI DIEM PVNC!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:16:54 AM »
As expected: Lotsa fun!

My personal opinion:

Both movies are total bombs - ridiculous plots, terrible acting, incompetent direction and so forth.

Ghosthouse is the one that's more worth seeing even without the riffs. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was filmed as an attempt to do a horror movie spoof - which failed. Never before and since I have seen a bunch of characters BEGGING TO GET KILLED so badly as these nincompoops! Seriously. There's one scene especially that will have you facepalm so badly your ancestors will feel it in their graves. The situation:

Some kids receive a weird message over radio, so they travel to the origin of the signal - an empty house - to "solve the mystery". The first guy just got killed (by the ghost, which the others don't know) and a girl got attacked by a (real, not ghostly) insane jokel with a meat-cleaver. At this point to them it has to look as if the insane guy also cut the guy's throat.

So of course they split up into groups again - one in the house, one drives some miles away to listen to their radio (why they don't do it right in front of the house is never really explained) and they leave two girls in a van in front of the house. One of the girls is catatonic and pretty much knocked out, the other's friend tells her to lock themselves in the van and stay put. After all there's an insane axe-wielder out there and stuff. The *very* next thing she does then is leaving the unlocked van with the knocked out girl alone in it on her own, because she hears a dog bark...

Future Force ... Oh my. A gritty scifi movie playing in a dystopian society that looks suspiciously like the 80s turned into a bad metal video. I have yet to grasp it completely... :D

As for the riffs - I found the Future Force to be the funnier one. Ghosthouse is by no means bad, but FF has more zingers in it imo. But that's sure a question of taste. If you don't like jokes about how an actor died, because you consider that to be in bad taste then you might want to stay away from riffs of a movie with Carradine in it. (to put it as tasteful as possible: He died while enjoying some Erotic asphyxiation by himself, lost consciousness and ended up strangling himself).

Offline Kruge

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • FABRICATI DIEM PVNC!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:41 AM »
Today's order:

Jack the Giant Killer - this one sounds like fun. :) I have a thing for cheesy old faery tale movies (I grew up in the 70s, back when some of them were still new) and episodes like "The Sword and the Dragon" or "Jack Frost" always were amongst my favourite mst3k riffs.

The Braniac - Sounds horrible. So I watch it.

Neutron Man - Samson vs. the vampire Women was one of my very first mst3k episodes ever and the very first Mexican wrestler/superhero movie I ever saw (you don't get that much Mexican cinema over here in Germany). Need more of that stuff. :)