Author Topic: Tragedy in Aurora.  (Read 7738 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Tragedy in Aurora.
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
That area is wierd, there have been a couple shootings in an appartment complex nearby and the theater itself is practicly across the street from a god damn ADT security monitoring center.  It should be a pretty safe area.

Guy wanted to be caught.  Theater is also a few thousand feet from Aurora Police HQ.  Seeing where his apartment is, I feel fortunate as it was about the same distance from there to the Century 16 theater as it was to the Harkins Theater, which is where I was at.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/163262006.html

Here we go....

SIERRA VISTA, Ariz., (KGUN9-TV) - Police arrested a man Friday after he entered a Cinemark Theater intoxicated and carrying a large backpack, according to Carol Capas with the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.

Capas tells KGUN9 that Michael William Borboa was acting strangely, and startled several patrons in the theater during the Dark Knight Rises movie.

One person confronted Borboa, and then mass hysteria occurred and more than 50 patrons ran from the theater.

Several off-duty border patrol agents tackled Borboa and a deputy removed Borboa from the theater, taking his backpack.

Deputies found alcohol in the backpack.

Borboa was arrested and transported to the CCSO Jail Sierra Vista and was booked on charges of disorderly conduct and threatening and intimidating.

Capas says that the sheriff's department had increased security in response to the mass shooting at the theater in Colorado, and that there were extra deputies in the area at the time of this incident.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
Taken alive, huh? Well, I can see why I'm not fit for law enforcement. Any decent cop would have ensured he had an "accident" during capture.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
Sigh.

Colorado Batman shooting shows obvious signs of being staged

Yeah, not going to link to it. Idiot.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
I know this is a very selfish thought process but I really hope he wasn't into computer games, horror movies, rap, metal or any other of the 'scapegoat' entertainment lazy and self-serving politicians blame anytime anything like this happens.   
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 01:59:47 AM »
Checking in to make sure all the CO Rifftrax buddies are ok.  This is just crazy.  I don't think there is any point in trying to find a reason for it.

I was talking to a friend of mine.  I remember my first midnight screening of a movie.  I thought it was so awesome my mom took me out, etc.  I will probably remember it forever.  This experience has just been ruined (not just for the kids at this theater, but any kid who watched the news at all). 
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
I agree with AmandaGal..
What a shame :(

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 05:27:54 AM »
here's a crazy article about how the Colorodo shooting was a staged conspiracy to make Americans afraid or something.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

Maybe he's right, I mean he is Mike Adams, the Health Ranger.

But seriously, what a nut job.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 06:17:30 AM »
here's a crazy article about how the Colorodo shooting was a staged conspiracy to make Americans afraid or something.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

Jesus christ, why don't you post some links to birther sites and 9/11 "truth" videos while you're at it?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

jasimon1

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 06:25:45 AM »
The sailor missing and presumed dead in this story was one of my sister's best friends in high school. The family is huge so all three of us went to high school with at least 2 of them. We're not a small town by any means but it's all the town is talking about when you go out because there are just so many of them that everyone knows at least one. It's horrible that more than 24 hours later, no one can get answers.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12861792-anxious-for-word-of-missing-moviegoers-some-families-get-the-worst-news?lite

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »
I don't know where you are, but in most theaters I am at in Colorado do not have alarms on those door, as they are often used for exits after the film.

From the reports I read, he had a ticket, went in, propped open the door slightly, then left and re-entered with gear.[/quote]
I used to do that.  Not for the purposes of smuggling in weapons and armor, but for smuggling in snacks.  I don't do that as much any more, ever since I got me a good pair of candy smuggling pants with huge pockets.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:44 AM »
.....  I don't do that as much any more, ever since I got me a good pair of candy smuggling pants with huge pockets.

I have not entered a movie without a drink or a snack since I was about 9.   My mom taught us to always carry things in movies to eat or drink.  That's the German way!

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »
.....  I don't do that as much any more, ever since I got me a good pair of candy smuggling pants with huge pockets.

I have not entered a movie without a drink or a snack since I was about 9.   My mom taught us to always carry things in movies to eat or drink.  That's the German way!

Teach me your secrets.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/the-dark-knight-rises-costumes-ban/

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
Well, we don't dress up as costumes.  We just wear coats or shorts with big pockets and almost ANYTHING can fit in there.  Just remember to COUGH the same time you open your carbinated can.

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
This tragedy is going to make sneaking in candy and drinks hard to do. Last night I went to see the movie with my sister and mom and we decided not to sneak in anything just in case they checked bags or something. There were a couple of police officers in the theater but other than that nothing was different.