Author Topic: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????  (Read 69394 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6819
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »
i need to visit that top fifty iriff thread some time soon.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2012, 07:04:42 PM »
I wish they'd fix the iRiffs page on the site...

Offline mairsil

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 16
    • PouncingKitten Games
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »
Try broadening your horizons, there is more than one way to riff on a movie.  There are many great Rifftrax Presents and iRiffs out there already to enjoy.

I have no doubt of that and I am certainly not trying to say that any of the iRiffs are bad, just that they are not what I am looking for. It's the same as when Leno would sub for Carson on the Tonight Show; sure, it was the same writers, jokes and gags, but I would tune out because I wanted to see Johnny, not Jay.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Try broadening your horizons, there is more than one way to riff on a movie.  There are many great Rifftrax Presents and iRiffs out there already to enjoy.

I have no doubt of that and I am certainly not trying to say that any of the iRiffs are bad, just that they are not what I am looking for. It's the same as when Leno would sub for Carson on the Tonight Show; sure, it was the same writers, jokes and gags, but I would tune out because I wanted to see Johnny, not Jay.

We're not talking about the same show with a different host.  We're talking about a form of comedy.  Do you only like one comedian?  Do you only watch one sitcom?  Do only enjoy one comedic film? 
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
Do you only like one comedian?  Do you only watch one sitcom?  Do only enjoy one comedic film? 

Jeremy Hotz, Night Court, Hot Shots.

What did I win?!?!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline mairsil

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • PouncingKitten Games
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »
We're not talking about the same show with a different host.  We're talking about a form of comedy.  Do you only like one comedian?  Do you only watch one sitcom?  Do only enjoy one comedic film? 

But I am not talking about a form of comedy, I'm talking about a performer (or three in this case). I'm not just looking for any riff, I'm looking for a riff from MKB. It is just a matter of preference.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »

But I am not talking about a form of comedy, I'm talking about a performer (or three in this case). I'm not just looking for any riff, I'm looking for a riff from MKB. It is just a matter of preference.

How can you have a 'preference' without trying the other?
FINE

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »

Have you ever checked samples on Rifftrax Presents or iRiffs?  You might find something the clicks for you.  There are riffs that are just as good as, and sometimes better than, what MKB have put out.

In the end it's your choice.  I'd say you're missing out, but that's just my opinion.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:18:24 PM by Artie »
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Danecho1967

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

In all honesty, I had the same attitude up until the beginning of this year.  Since I have almost all of the MKB blockbuster riffs, and they won't be doing obscure DVD riffs any more, I've decided to branch out.  It's takes some getting used to, when you have been a fan of one group of riffers for over two decades and are used to hearing those voices.  So, one a certain level, I can understand this.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
Who was it that did the Twilight riff about the same time the guys did??  I really enjoyed that one enough I made a second riff audio track on the same DVD as my normal riff.  I just mostly remember the long drawn out "kiss" scene: "I've always wondered what it was like to see you from 3 inches away...... niiiiiiiiiice..... Aw dammit, you moved!"
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline mairsil

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • PouncingKitten Games
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »

I never said that I didn't, but is it that hard to understand that (most) people came here solely because of MKB (especially before the iRiffs were even a part of the site) and that we want more from them?

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

I never said that I didn't, but is it that hard to understand that (most) people came here solely because of MKB (especially before the iRiffs were even a part of the site) and that we want more from them?

It IS hard to understand why someone would create an account and have 100% of their posts be complaining.

So you have tried the Rifftrax Presents catalogue? Who did you try, and what did you think?
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 754
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »
My biggest problem with non-MKB riffs is hearing new voices with no way of knowing who is who because I have no reference. If that makes sense
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
My biggest problem with non-MKB riffs is hearing new voices with no way of knowing who is who because I have no reference. If that makes sense

I only find that a problem if they sound the same.
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 754
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »

I only find that a problem if they sound the same.

If they sound the same or if I just don't know which riffer is talking.  The Tron riff is like that. I didn't know who Paul & Storm was and I only heard JOCO sing. I had no idea who was riffing at anytime because I didn't know their voice and I couldn't get into it.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com