Author Topic: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????  (Read 64649 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5398
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:29 PM »
I definitely agree about the return of guests. BRUCE CAMPBELL! Please!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4543
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:36 PM »
Paul F Tompkins for me (he already has rifftrax practice at a live show AND at several Doug Interrupts Movies events).

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »
I'd like to hear Bridget again. She had great delivery.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:00 AM »
So do I. In which case it looks like we will get our wish:

This is great! And cool that Mike actually replied to one of my tweets.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
OMG that is AWESOME news!!!! I've enjoyed her and Mike together riffing on Next and Greys over and over again!! WOOO!!!!

This actually makes me really happy and excited.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
I had the idea the other day of a Ladies/Wives of Rifftrax riff - Bridget, Virginia Corbett, Jane Murphy or Mary Jo Pehl taking down some Nicholas Sparks POS. I know Bridget and Mary Jo are good at it, but how are the other two Riffer Wives?

(Apologies if the suggestion is a little too out there.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:45:37 PM by KidFlash »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
OMG that is AWESOME news!!!! I've enjoyed her and Mike together riffing on Next and Greys over and over again!! WOOO!!!!

This actually makes me really happy and excited.

You're a strange critter.

She's one of my favourite guest riffers. Her and NPH...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
That is great news and reminds me that Next should be next in my haven't seen yet queue.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »
That is great news and reminds me that Next should be next in my haven't seen yet queue.

It's one of my faves.

"The coffee here... the beans they use."

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Oh, crap. It won't happen this weekend probably. No stream rental on Amazon and I don't think Netflix will ship in time.

Offline arutha1000

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2013, 06:54:12 AM »
I'm disappointed that there won't be as many blockbuster riffs now. There are so many in the last year alone: Prometheus, Skyfall, The Hobbit, and Dark Knight Rises just off the top of my head. I guess I'll save lots of money because I've not been impressed by any of the VOD riffs. Add that to the fact that Avengers riff was completely "meh" means I shouldn't complain. It seems that many of the past riffs were much better than the newer ones, with the exception of Breaking Dawn 2, which was hilarious. There have only been about 3 in the last 6 months, HG was ok, Avengers was not, and Breaking Dawn2 was great. I guess I'll get used to life enjoying only old riffs because the future doesn't look too bright. It's ok, they have my money and I have good memories. Business has to do what makes the money.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2013, 07:01:23 AM »
I'm disappointed that there won't be as many blockbuster riffs now. There are so many in the last year alone: Prometheus, Skyfall, The Hobbit, and Dark Knight Rises just off the top of my head. I guess I'll save lots of money because I've not been impressed by any of the VOD riffs. Add that to the fact that Avengers riff was completely "meh" means I shouldn't complain. It seems that many of the past riffs were much better than the newer ones, with the exception of Breaking Dawn 2, which was hilarious. There have only been about 3 in the last 6 months, HG was ok, Avengers was not, and Breaking Dawn2 was great. I guess I'll get used to life enjoying only old riffs because the future doesn't look too bright. It's ok, they have my money and I have good memories. Business has to do what makes the money.
Try out more iRiffs then. I know it's not the same voices, but there are several groups here that can be just as funny.

I do agree with you about Avengers riff being very dissapointing. I thought the Hunger Games riff was as well. I am looking forward to seeing the Breaking Dawn 2 riff though, I am sure it wil be good. I am surprised you haven't enjoyed the VODs. I don't pick all of them up, but I thought The Guy From Harlem was awesome.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 733
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2013, 07:39:26 AM »
Not every blockbuster makes a funny riff. Unfortunately it has been proven over and over that the ones that deserve it the most usually don't sell.  The vast majority won't go out of their way to acquire the DVD, or they take a ridiculous stance of "not wanting to be seen" with such a DVD.  My only complaint about the VODs is the abysmal picture quality. Most of them make my eyes bleed. As long as they continue down the path of the last few (HD Cool as ice!!) I could care less what MP3s they put out.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:36:43 AM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 453
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »
The Avengers riff was a bit disappointing but, remember, it's harder to riff a GOOD movie than a bad one.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6672
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
well then, by the transitive property of "goodness", a mediocre movie is still harder to riff than a bad movie, but also easier to riff than a good one.
dF = 0
d*F = J