login

Author Topic: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????  (Read 69412 times)

Danecho1967

Re: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????
« Reply #450 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »
Having finally seen the Avengers, I'm really excited about a Rifftrax.  There's some good stuff to work with.  And I kinda liked the movie on its own.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »
I'm really surprised they haven't released the Rifftrax for that yet, actually. I would have thought given how huge of a seller the DVD and BluRay was that it would be a day and date release. But I suppose the rampup for the live show tomorow keeps them pretty busy.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
I hope the long wait between releases makes for a better riff.  The riffs on the superhero films are good, but they've all kind of blended together, and none of them really stand out to me.  Hunger Games riff was great, but I guess Avengers will show if it was time, or just because Hunger Games is a different kind of film.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
I predict the Avengers riff will drop a couple weeks after the live show.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:09 PM »
The Touch of Satan is a special MST3K episode for me.  I am bisexual, a little, and even though she acted far too much like a duh-beast to be a real witch, something about the girl who played Melissa Strickland turned me on.  I don't really know why - she wasn't particularly psychedelic, as it was too late in the seventies for her to have that look.  I just loved her utter spaced-outiness I guess.

Ugh. She had a huge bulbous forehead. Can't stand that woman. Even for the 70s.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2013, 11:37:03 AM »
I dunno, I thought Melissa Strickland was attractive, in a floppy-Rhoda sort of way.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #456 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »
Honestly, they can never do another blockbuster movie riff again if they keep getting rights to lame movies unworthy of a wide video release.  That'd open up a LOT of doors for them.  Like, for example, any movie made with Hulk Hogan as the star.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
Honestly, they can never do another blockbuster movie riff again if they keep getting rights to lame movies unworthy of a wide video release.  That'd open up a LOT of doors for them.  Like, for example, any movie made with Hulk Hogan as the star.
Or finally some more Reb Brown movies. Their comic book movie riffs have gotten stale of late IMHO, but imagine how awesome they could riff the 70s Captain America movies!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #458 on: February 20, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Oh god, more Reb Brown movies. Especially with their "Large McBig-huge" names. Hell, as "hinted" toward in CaI I'd like to see a "Wizard" riff.  And there has to be more David Carradine movies out there they can tackle.

Offline Isaac S.

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
  • The Gun Alarm Clock: You Snooze, You Lose.
    • Facebook
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
I can't vouch for their quality, as I've purchased but not watched them so far, but Colt Cabana (a fairly famous indy wrestler) has done RiffTrax-style commentaries for No Holds Barred and Suburban Commando.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
It's Rebruary over at The Spoony Experiment. He has a huge hard-on for Reb Brown movies. It looks like Reb came out with a killer Sasquatch movie just last year. Here's his review:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2013/02/02/rebruary-2013-night-claws/

Hopefully, we'll see a VOD on it soon over here. Because it was awful.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #461 on: February 23, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »
I'm actually not upset anymore at the lack of blockbuster riffs. It made me realize how much money I was spending on this website. LMFAO

Of course now I just blow that saved money on comic books so ...
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline bwally

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #462 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »
Breaking dawn p2 next I assume?

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #463 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »
Old James Bond movies! Old James Bond movies!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5088
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #464 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »
I'm cool with VOD riffs too (especially now that I'm living in Korea, which has probably the world's best Internet and especially especially that things like Cool As Ice get in on the VOD action), but if you want to go blockbuster, I would like to see more riffs of classics everyone owns, like the Godfather, the other Indiana Jones movies, It's A Wonderful Life (saw it for the first time recently.  Very good but I think there's lots of riffing material there) and those kinds of things.

As for Blockbusters, I think maybe three or four a year is a fine number.  What I'd really like to see is the return of guests.  They might even be useful for breathing new life into franchises and genres that they've done so much of, like super-hero and Harry Potter movies.