Author Topic: Star Blazers The Movie  (Read 5840 times)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: Star Blazers The Movie
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
Yeah, I kind of agree with Monty on this one, torgos. 100dollars makes a lot of posts about pointless things (like the taco meat post or any number of nonsensical posts in the general topics forum). Not a fan of the dude at all and I get a strong troll vibe from him. Like a ticking time bomb.

I also don't see why it's a problem for Monty to join in a conversation in a thread, even though he has the OP on ignore, nor do I see why it's so bad to let others know that he couldn't see the original intent of the post because of the ignore feature, but that he'd like to address something someone else said.

Just keep an eye on 100dollars. I don't have a great feeling about that one.

And sorry, I don't have anything to say about Star Blazers. :(
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6709
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »

it's 'cause he watches cartoons, isn't it? ;)
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3595
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Maybe it has something to do with Ben Franklin flying a kite with a key tied to it in a thunderstorm.. :-X

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »

You know me so well.  :highfive:
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2507
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »
DB's post was 100% uncalled for.

Erik's point about Monty is that if he wants nothing to do with this guy, coming into his thread and then posting about him as if he's not here IS antagonistic.

If you guys don't like 100dollars, I suggest you also add him to your ignore list. He's not done anything wrong except for get worked up when you guys wind him up.

He's new here. Give him a chance. And if you don't like the 'pointless' threads he is starting, stay out of them. He's not using up your forum, there's plenty of room for all of you.
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6709
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
there're a lot of good ones here: http://weknowmemes.com/2012/04/20-funniest-abandon-thread-gifs/

like this one:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
That's one lucky bird :o :P

MontyServo

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 05:18:45 PM »

And yet liked by 5 people so far, who must all be horrible horrible people.  Like that mean old D.B. Barnes!

And I don't get your point about avoiding threads started by people I am ignoring.  I didn't even know he started this thread when I first entered it.  Like I said, I followed D.B. in here.  The only bit that 100$ posted today that I read was the small bit that D.B. quoted.  It is not like I am stalking this guy.  I mde my additional posts because I had a comment to make about the Star Blazers movie and I am was well within my right to make it regardless of who originally started the conversation.

If he finds it antagonistic that I am ignoring him or had to mention that fact to make my statement, he needs to get over it and quit paging mods every time he feels... whatever it is that he feels...  how the hell should I know?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:24:49 PM by Monty »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2507
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »

And yet liked by 5 people so far, who must all be horrible horrible people.  Like that mean old D.B. Barnes!

So your point is that if people like something it's inherently good?

Or are you saying that people who like something that can be seen as antagonistic must be horrible people?
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »

MontyServo

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »

So your point is that if people like something it's inherently good?

Or are you saying that people who like something that can be seen as antagonistic must be horrible people?

I am saying that some people see a lot more on this board than the some of the mods do apparently.  And those people found that the comment was not "100% uncalled for".

We have been here for a long time and you know very well that we are not the type of people to go after a newbie all recklessly for no apparent reason.  For you to imply that, is an insult to D.B. and the rest of us.  If anything, we embrace newbies moreso than any other board I have ever been a part of.

This is the last I am going to say about this guy.  I am done with this.  Just keep an eye on him as Wurwolf said.  Trust our instincts, cause our instincts are saying that this dude is trouble.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:37:06 PM by Monty »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9931
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
The film was a live action adaptation of the original Japanese cartoon, which was shown here in the US as Star Blazers.
I'm not sure the change of title was the only difference, but I'm not going to go through episode by episode, anyone out there seen both? I mean, I'm passingly interested in the differences but not enough to really do any work personally to find out. :)

100dollars

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SQmxC0D9Es" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2SQmxC0D9Es</a>

Danger lurking everywhere
But we know we've got to dare
Evil men with evil schemes
They can't destroy all our dreams

We must be strong and brave
Our home we've got to save
We must make the fighting cease
So Mother Earth will be at peace

Through all the fire and the smoke
We will never give up hope
If we can win the Earth will survive
We'll keep peace alive
With our Star Blazers

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1Ug4sCxfdM&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M1Ug4sCxfdM&amp;feature=related</a>

Did anyone else see this?  LOVED the effects but the drama was really goofy.  It was so sappy one can only wonder at how off-target their rendition of exploitive American entertainment is.  Still, good stuff.

Holy Jumping Bejeebus! I have not heard that theme song in over 20 years. When I heard it again, I instantly knew the lyrics from watching it EVERY SINGLE DAY on the JP Patches Show back in elementary school. Man, the flashback hearing that gave me whiplash. I gotta watch this movie! I don't care how bad the acting is.