Author Topic: It's Time For GIFtrax!  (Read 805278 times)

Offline Satellite of Love

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 631
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
Re: The Animated GIFs Thread. *Still Only 1% MILFs!*
« Reply #3090 on: March 08, 2014, 03:15:52 PM »

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #3091 on: March 08, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3092 on: March 08, 2014, 07:39:39 PM »
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #3093 on: March 08, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
New program called Spritz.  Streams one word at a time, increasing reading speed from the average of 220 words per minute to upwards of 500 words per minute.  The example bellow is 500.  I was surprised that it's actually not that difficult to read, though I question whether it actually increases reading comprehension, despite their claims that it does.

Yup, though I could read it, I had near-0 comprehension ('course I'm really mentally tired, which doesn't help - gave me a headache, too... not sure if 'flashing visual' seizure-based or just mentally exhausted in general).

You are right:  for most people's brains, with new information it takes making connections between the new things and what they already know and understand for anything to 'stick'.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:56:21 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #3094 on: March 08, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
New program called Spritz.  Streams one word at a time, increasing reading speed from the average of 220 words per minute to upwards of 500 words per minute.  The example bellow is 500.  I was surprised that it's actually not that difficult to read, though I question whether it actually increases reading comprehension, despite their claims that it does.

You are right: though I could read it, I had near-0 comprehension ('course I'm really mentally tired, which doesn't help - gave me a headache, too... not sure if 'flashing visual' seizure-based or just mentally exhausted in general).

The truth is, for most people's brains, with new information it takes making connections between the new things and what they already know and understand for anything to 'stick'.

I can't imagine trying to read poetry like that. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3095 on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »

You are right: though I could read it, I had near-0 comprehension ('course I'm really mentally tired, which doesn't help - gave me a headache, too... not sure if 'flashing visual' seizure-based or just mentally exhausted in general).

The truth is, for most people's brains, with new information it takes making connections between the new things and what they already know and understand for anything to 'stick'.

Now that you say that, when reading a novel I don't read at the same speed all the time, it depends on what is going on and if I want to rip through some less interesting part or slow down and absorb a really good part, that app running at constant speed would probably take the fun out of reading a good story.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #3096 on: March 08, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »

Now that you say that, when reading a novel I don't read at the same speed all the time, it depends on what is going on and if I want to rip through some less interesting part or slow down and absorb a really good part, that app running at constant speed would probably take the fun out of reading a good story.

Yeah.  Good for reading an email or a text message.  Bad for reading something thought provoking, or instructions on how to do something complex.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #3097 on: March 09, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #3098 on: March 09, 2014, 03:32:13 AM »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6869
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3099 on: March 09, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »

give me a huu
                   uuu
                     uuu
                      uuu
                       uuu
                        uuu
                         uuu
                          uuu
                           uuu
                            uug!
dF = 0
d*F = J

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
« Reply #3100 on: March 09, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
« Reply #3101 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »
And this is why we love Mr. Feeny

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3102 on: March 10, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »
And this is why we love Mr. Feeny

Riiiight. Not because he's the voice of KITT, surely not.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • We Got Movie Sign!!
« Reply #3103 on: March 10, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
What I say to people that think the sandy hook elementary school shooting, was nothing but a hoax or a conspiracy.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #3104 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:25 AM »

I hope it incinerated his hat.