Author Topic: It's Time For GIFtrax!  (Read 809200 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: The Animated Milfs...er...Gifs Thread
« Reply #1170 on: February 27, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »
that's not a question? and it says that maru is a scottish fold of the straight variety? implying that there's a not-straight (i.e. gay) variety? and breeding of same-sex animals only works in jurassic park? does that help.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #1171 on: February 27, 2013, 04:11:21 AM »
Despite the lack of correct punctuation it still is a questioning statement, I'm simply not sure how it relates to the general topic even as a plain statement.

Actually there are a number of species with only one sex that produce young, most of them are lizards though, rather than mammals but I think he was using straight there in the sense of "lacking a cartilage fold in the outer ears" rather than "heterosexual".

EDIT: Sharks and some birds plus a host of invertebrate species are also capable of parthenogenic reproduction but mammals require a lot of interference to instigate that. That aside I'm still not clear on what Lembach was trying to get across with his question/statement since it's fairly obvious variants in a breed can occur, for example my dogs are Papillons but a variant (an atavistic one as it happens) exists where in the ears are not erect and are instead the more familiar ones seen in most other breeds of spaniel. Indeed most of the toy spaniels you'll see in paintings of the 16th-18th century are the breed that would become the Papillon.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:40:12 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #1172 on: February 27, 2013, 05:26:05 AM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1173 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »

I'm impressed that the bottle didn't melt.  You can do something similar with a 2-liter and a bit of isopropyl alcohol (pour a bit in and shake it up to aerosolize it), and then drop in a match. It burns intensely blue-white and then the bottle crumples back to its pre-manufacturing plastic nugget shape.  Or tries to.

Those water jugs are made out of different plastic than soda bottles.  They reuse the water jugs so they need to be able to wash and sterilize them.  Soda bottles shrink back some even at boiling water temperature.

The guy that invented the plastic soda bottles used to tour giving talks to engineering schools, I attended one way back in '83 I think it was.  Lots of trial and error to find the right plastic, and lots of terrible looking bottles as the prototypes.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1174 on: February 27, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »

I'm impressed that the bottle didn't melt.  You can do something similar with a 2-liter and a bit of isopropyl alcohol (pour a bit in and shake it up to aerosolize it), and then drop in a match. It burns intensely blue-white and then the bottle crumples back to its pre-manufacturing plastic nugget shape.  Or tries to.

Those water jugs are made out of different plastic than soda bottles.  They reuse the water jugs so they need to be able to wash and sterilize them.  Soda bottles shrink back some even at boiling water temperature.

The guy that invented the plastic soda bottles used to tour giving talks to engineering schools, I attended one way back in '83 I think it was.  Lots of trial and error to find the right plastic, and lots of terrible looking bottles as the prototypes.
That could be made of glass.. They are common in Mexico

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1175 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »

Nope, look closely at the jug, especially the bottom, you'll see it expand from the pressure buildup.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1176 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

Nope, look closely at the jug, especially the bottom, you'll see it expand from the pressure buildup.
Well then, lets try this experiment in a glass bottle then *runs out of room* :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1177 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

Well then, lets try this experiment in a glass bottle then *runs out of room* :o

Yeah, just a bit more risky in a glass bottle.  Especially if you get the air/gas mix just right.

Geez, can't find any videos or gifs of the standard exploding can demo, there are some using Pringles cans that are fun but that guy always uses hydrogen, you get a much lower sounding boom using natural gas.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #1178 on: February 27, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

Ahem....

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #1179 on: February 27, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »
Yep he's pretty ace really. :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1180 on: February 27, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »
Now that he's older, he looks more and more like Neil Patrick Harris.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #1181 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:20 PM »
It really is amazing he turned out so normal, with all the intense fan adoration for a decade, basically his entire teen life.  Dude must've had some amazing parents to stay stable through being 'Harry Potter' to most of the world.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #1182 on: February 27, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
Oh yeah... Animated GIFs...

One night's snowfall, documented:
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1183 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:27 PM »
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #1184 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »
Hydrographic Pattern Transfer

[Came REAL close to putting this in the 'Awesome' thread. :)]