login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1524362 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 444
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20430 on: January 28, 2020, 06:41:05 AM »
I've never had food poisoning before (knock on wood), but every account I hear, it just sounds purely miserable.

Hope you're feeling well by now!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4110
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20431 on: January 30, 2020, 04:59:36 AM »
The big toe on my right foot has a severe case of gout! Bulldozed my way through the day in excruciating pain! It's been bothering me for a couple of days but it was tolerable till today when the pain got gradually worse throughout the day to the point that by the end of the day I had a major limp while walking. It was so bad I went to see a doctor after work where I was there over 3 hours tonight all the while in throbbing pain just to get prescribed 3 tablets of Colchicine and a bottle of 600mg ibuprofen taking 1 horse-sized tablet every 6 hours.

Had to call out of work for tomorrow and luckily I'm off Sunday and Monday for MLK's B-day so I should be able to return to work on Tuesday. Haven't called out of work in years and the post office doesn't make it the easiest thing to do having to call an 800 number and get through a bunch of prompts just to get a sick day(s) filed properly.
Saw a Podiatrist yesterday and they took x-rays but could find nothing wrong with my big toe so they think it's more arthritis than gout. They put me on an anti-inflammatory steroid to see if that will help me..

Then 2 days ago my left knee starts getting sharp pains in it and looks swollen this morning! I feel like I'm walking like Frankenstein with a sore right toe and a swollen left knee.

I'm pretty certain the weather is becoming a big factor with these issues as it's been cold and wet here lately :-[

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 694
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #20432 on: February 02, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »
Sorry to hear RVR. I'm guessing somebody has already suggested trying glucoasamine?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20433 on: February 03, 2020, 02:20:34 AM »
Sorry to hear RVR. I'm guessing somebody has already suggested trying glucoasamine?
Actually my mom was going to give me a bottle last night during the Super Bowl and I declined because the anti-inflammatory steroid I was prescribed be the Podiatrist is working well. I'm on so many supplements already but I still may wind up getting some if this knee issue keeps cropping up :-\
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:22:34 AM by RVR II »

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2777
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20434 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:58 AM »
Actually my mom was going to give me a bottle last night during the Super Bowl and I declined because the anti-inflammatory steroid I was prescribed be the Podiatrist is working well. I'm on so many supplements already but I still may wind up getting some if this knee issue keeps cropping up :-\

Some of the joint supplements can give you diarrhea, so read lots of reviews before trying one.

The one I've been using for the last 5 years I get from amazon.  Zenwise advanced strength joint support.  I take one or 2 a day depending on how my joints feel in the morning, 3 a day for a few days once in a while if I strain something.

It does seem to work, when I run out and don't take any for a week I do feel a difference.  But don't expect major help from these things, my messed up shoulder will go from lots of pain to medium pain, or medium pain to little pain, and if you strain something it does seem to help it heal faster.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20435 on: February 03, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »
So far no diarrhea problems what so ever :o

I was prescribed Methylprednisolone which starts with 6 tablets throughout the first day, 5 tablets throughout the 2nd day, 4 tablets on the 3rd day, 3 on the 4th day, 2 on the 5th day, and 1 on the 6th (last day) and it has worked amazingly well on my toe!

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20436 on: February 03, 2020, 12:02:06 PM »
Steroids do work great but you should not take them long term.

The joint supplements that have MSM also help with inflammation.  You can take tons of MSM without side effects, so you may want to get some and see if it helps keep things under control when you are not taking the steroid.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20437 on: February 03, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »
Hmm.. Yeah I think I will look into Glucoasamine as this is becoming a more frequent issue.
Thanks for the advice!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20438 on: February 19, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Bit of first world problem here, but Spectrum/Charter calls me several times a week and floods my mailbox with their ads ALL the time with asking me to buy more services from them despite wanting to stay paperless (I use their internet but nothing else). There's a tv show I want to watch just for the next several months, so I decide to call them on my way home from work. I give them info, but it's not enough.

Get this: They HAVE to have my account number. Here I am, in a situation where I'm giving into their endless requests ready to fork over my money... and they couldn't look it up any other way. What absolute garbage. I gotta find my account number, make sure I can read it driving on my way home (the only time that makes sense for me to call them), and *then* talk about getting cable.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:37:16 AM by stansimpson »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20439 on: February 20, 2020, 06:49:39 AM »
Follow-up: I called back and must've called the wrong department the first time. I got the ph# from Spectrum's website about adding services. I was in a rush to get home last night, so I just Googled their number and called whatever came up first. The automated system immediately recognized my phone number and got me to a very friendly lady, and we talked through my options.

I would be paying over $100 for internet & cable btw, so, yeah, I won't be doing that. My YouTube TV free trial is about to expire. Gonna see if I can do a free trial with another live TV service until I can figure out what I wanna do going forward. Perhaps Hulu next? Maybe Sling?

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20440 on: February 20, 2020, 06:59:07 AM »
My YouTube TV free trial is about to expire. Gonna see if I can do a free trial with another live TV service until I can figure out what I wanna do going forward. Perhaps Hulu next? Maybe Sling?

I have tried all 3 over the last few years.  If you want to DVR sporting events YouTube TV is the one to stick with, they adjust the record time automatically so you get the ends of games.  Hulu TV has a crappy DVR that sticks to the program guide for times, but ends up being a better deal when you bundle it with regular Hulu service.  Sling can be the best deal if the channels you want are in the base package.

All 3 are easy to cancel and restart, I currently don't have any of them.  Not sure if I'm going to start YouTube TV back up for baseball season or get the MLBTV package and just watch the games the next day (stupid blackout rules for live games).

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20441 on: February 20, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
My YouTube TV free trial is about to expire. Gonna see if I can do a free trial with another live TV service until I can figure out what I wanna do going forward. Perhaps Hulu next? Maybe Sling?

I have tried all 3 over the last few years.  If you want to DVR sporting events YouTube TV is the one to stick with, they adjust the record time automatically so you get the ends of games.  Hulu TV has a crappy DVR that sticks to the program guide for times, but ends up being a better deal when you bundle it with regular Hulu service.  Sling can be the best deal if the channels you want are in the base package.

All 3 are easy to cancel and restart, I currently don't have any of them.  Not sure if I'm going to start YouTube TV back up for baseball season or get the MLBTV package and just watch the games the next day (stupid blackout rules for live games).

Big thanks for the tips! I just want to keep watching Survivor (CBS, Wed nights for 1hr) until the end of the season since it's all winners this time. Good to know about Hulu. I *hate* when services do that. I'm better off using my OTA recording device plus antenna... as wonky and difficult as that has been lately (reception has been bad with all the rain we've been getting). YouTube TV feels like it would be the best, but it's also twice the price as the others. 

And this would all be a moot issue if CBS All Access had a DVR option. Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:43:45 AM by stansimpson »

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 619
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20442 on: February 20, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
I am getting so tired of this substitute teacher. She told me to leave the class when I was trying to get a student to work, and then spent the hour getting played like a fucking fiddle. He picked up on that she didn't know anything about him or his difficulties, and even got her to ask the other resource teacher if he could do addition. Then another student convinced her to do a problem on a test for her. I'm so irritated right now. Bitch, I know these kids better than you.