login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1338973 times)

Online Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 149
  • Dunno why I came back
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20205 on: June 12, 2018, 09:18:14 PM »
That sucks, man. Just had to replace all my tires on my car. It was one of those things where you don't notice there's a problem because it slowly builds up over time, but all four of my tires were wearing down to the point where the pressure was causing bubbles to form in the weak points. I'd only really noticed it lately, because I didn't drive for most of the first part of this year, and when I did, it was usually a short trip into town and back. Finally, it started to wobble the steering wheel back and forth, so I figured I ought to let my dad know what was going on. When he took the worst offender off, he showed me and told me that I was really lucky to have not had a blow out, and if I hadn't told him I probably would have had one in the next week.

Today, he decided that since he was replacing the one, might as well do them all, because my uncle had given him a pair of new ones for the front, so we only had to eat the cost of the back two. When he got back, he asked me how the hell I actually could stand driving with it like that. I'm god damned lucky that I didn't have a 4 way blow out AND that my dad's old high school buddy owns a tire repair company, because he gives us a good price.

Still, tires aren't cheap, and engine trouble is always a friggin' pain. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that on top of the fact that no one seems to want to accept responsibility.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 435
« Reply #20206 on: June 13, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »
I used to work for Budget truck rental, and I once had a customer who locked the keys in the truck. So I followed him to his house with all the master keys and got it back open. A few hours later this same guy calls me and says "I did it again, but this time the engine is running."

To be fair, I've done that at least twice. 

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20207 on: June 15, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
So I've ****ed up my left hand somehow. I either fell on it, or fell asleep with it in a weird position. With the drugs I'm on, both are possible.

My left hand lies limp when held straight out. I can clench my fingers but I can't unclench them. I can curl my wrist inward, but not backwards. This is going on three days now. What I thought was going to be a minor sprain is turning into a major problem. You'd be surprised how many things are hard to do with one hand. Like typing this message. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2268
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20208 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:57 PM »
My left hand lies limp when held straight out. I can clench my fingers but I can't unclench them. I can curl my wrist inward, but not backwards.

That sounds like you put pressure on a nerve and caused some inflammation that is blocking signals, happens often to people if you fall asleep with your arm resting on the edge of a chair or anything hard.  I used to know the name of the condition but can't think of it now.  It normally goes away in a few days but can take longer.

Online Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 149
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #20209 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »
My left hand lies limp when held straight out. I can clench my fingers but I can't unclench them. I can curl my wrist inward, but not backwards.

That sounds like you put pressure on a nerve and caused some inflammation that is blocking signals, happens often to people if you fall asleep with your arm resting on the edge of a chair or anything hard.  I used to know the name of the condition but can't think of it now.  It normally goes away in a few days but can take longer.

It's wrist drop, I believe.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20210 on: June 16, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »

It's wrist drop, I believe.

Thanks guys. That does sound like what I have. I have since gotten a wrist brace.

It's almost fortunate I wrecked my car a couple weeks ago. Almost  :-\  That car was a stick shift, which I probably couldn't drive now. Not safely anyway.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3207
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20211 on: June 22, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
Got rid of a client that came by at 8:30pm because he received letters from the IRS... No calls ahead of time, just shows up.. WTF ???
Circled the numbers on the letters and told him to call them but he says he waited for 30 minutes and gave up.. It could take an hour or longer for them to pick up so you just have to wait on hold till they pick up and you ask them what the issue is cause I'm out of the loop now :grr:

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 171
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #20212 on: June 23, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »
I know what that's like, I mean staying on hold to talk to somebody in the Federal government. Sometimes you just have to wait! Hell, if they're nice the robot will even give you the option of having THEM call YOU back an hour or 90 minutes later or whatever number they give you. I mean whether it's Social Security or IRS... you've got to get in touch with those people sometimes and you don't really have the option to put them off if there's something very important that needs to be communicated!