login

Author Topic: Acute Psychological Distress: Help  (Read 61434 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: Acute Psychological Distress: Help
« Reply #555 on: September 18, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »
I've been okay... relatively speaking lately. I mean I still have episodes and panic attacks, but today something happened that made me almost fall completely apart and... it's rather embarrassing so I'd rather not go into details. Basically, somebody made an appointment to discuss a project with me and... they didn't call. I sat there for two hours next to my cell phone waiting for them to call and they never did. I didn't get any messages or even an email telling me what happened.

What happened later shocked me. The event caused my mind to unravel pretty badly. I started getting so fucking depressed I actually started crying... out LOUD. I was very embarrassed for getting so emotional over something like this. I got so low I even felt like I almost had to call the fucking hotline.

Anyway I'm putting the pieces back together but it took me a long time and I'm still depressed. I'm really hoping a good nights sleep is what I really need to keep it together. I was just... surprised because I was just triggered so acutely.

Offline F-Zero

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #556 on: September 19, 2019, 02:23:40 AM »
I'm overcome with paroxisms of rage about my brother.  Every time I see him or talk on the phone with him or read his emails the two words that scream in my brain are SELFISH and LAZY.  He literally has no discernible personality outside of the traits of SELFISHNESS and LAZINESS.  When I try to fall asleep my mind goes to him and I starting barking insults and my adrenalin goes through the roof and I bounce out of bed and punch dance the air but it doesn't help so I get lost in the computer so here I am.  Pant, pant, pant.

Russo sorry for your troubles.  I find when I'm surprised by my own emotional state I think back and it's usually something I ate or a wound or surgery or drugs or chemical fragrances or something like that.  I just don't feel that much any more in and of itself.  I had corn chips for the last three days so I get super pissed at my brother, haha.  Anyhow, it sounds like some kind of rejection you suffered.  When confronted with that situation I automatically go to cognitive therapy practice.  I analyze the situation and my perceptions for personalization, generalization, all-or-nothing, mind-reading, etc.  I find it helpful despite my vast omniscience, /sarcasm.

Also if you want even more unsolicited advice pass along the pain once in a while. While you're angry I mean.  Just lash out at somebody in the ultimate moment.  Call the dude and cut loose on his voicemail why not?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »
Thank you for listening F-Zeo, but I don't think I can do that. I've had problems with rage in my past and I just have to channel my pain into other emotional outlets, in this case, it's sadness. When that happens, my depression maxes out. I just have to keep telling myself "It's okay, there's no reason to be angry, it's nobody's fault, it's nobody's fault". Letting myself get angry would let the old me come out and I just refuse to let that happen.

Offline F-Zero

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
Yeah man, no problem.  Any time.  I'm a regular Freud. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2019, 06:00:47 AM »
I told someone last night I've had a thing for her for a while, this morning I find out she's in the hospital for self harm. Unrelated, 100%, but my brain keeps trying to convince me that I somehow was a part of it, so I'm fighting anxiety.