login

Author Topic: Troll 2 Experience  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
Troll 2 Experience
« on: September 10, 2006, 06:24:05 AM »
With all the buzz about Troll 2 around these parts, I had to share the upcoming event Thursday night in NYC at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater:

The Troll 2 Experience

You know when you see a movie so bad it?s good? A movie that?s so stupid it literally makes your jaw drop with amazement? A movie so ineptly made, it makes you cry tears of joy and sorrow? A movie you can?t wait to show your slack-ass stoner buddies?

Troll 2 is the Holy Grail of those movies.

The comedy duo The Cowboy and John (John Gemberling and Curtis Gwinn) happened upon Troll 2 in the bargain bin of a discount electronics store a few years ago and their lives haven?t been the same since. They?ve led a two man crusade to get people to come to their house to get high and watch Troll 2, with varying degrees of success.

Well they?re tired of waiting for you to come over.

The Troll 2 Experience isn?t just a screening though. Gemberling and Gwinn have gone the extra mile and booked several of the original Troll 2 actors for a Q&A and party! This is a bad movie extravaganza you can?t afford to miss.

Actors planning to attend:

• George Hardy (Mr. Waits)
  • Michael Stephenson (Joshua Waits)
  • Darren Ewing (Arnold)
  • Jason Steadman (Drew)

And more to be added as they confirm!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Troll 2 Experience
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:03:26 AM »
Upright Citizens Brigade?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:53:06 AM »
Upright Citizens Brigade?

Improv group in New York. They also had a tv show on Comedy Central a few years ago. But it got cancelled. You know how CC treats all funny but misunderstood shows on their network.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
Not really, no.

So they're a bit like Improv Everywhere?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 05:33:10 PM »
Not really, no.

They cancel them! Like MST3K. They don't get it so they toss it.

So they're a bit like Improv Everywhere?

I am not familiar with them but probably. You can find some of the UBC sketches on You Tube from the TV show.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »
Ahh poor Stella. _I_ liked you, Stella...

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 10:12:14 PM »
Thanks Joe Don!  I had no idea there was such an underground following for Troll 2.  If there was ever a movie taylor made for Mike it is Troll 2.  This movie has everything except Mike's riffs.  It is begging for it.
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »
Vote NO on Prop. Troll 2

Offline Night Goat

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
UCB is great. I remember happening upon their show one time when I was a bit toasted and I couldn't believe that I was actually watching TV. It was a wacky show. My favorite bit that they did was when they had this man and woman looking for a house to buy and they found one with a "hot chicks room." The thing is, the house was a little old so the room was a bit past its prime. Funny stuff.

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:09:46 PM »
Mr. Trantulas have you even seen Troll 2?

Offline WaffleTron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 08:17:25 PM »
ambitiously stupid, i should have come to you a while ago, but I made a post asking people to vote for Troll 2 and EVERYONE is mistaking me for you!!  it probably won't do any good, but can you PLEASE let these people know I have no clue who you are and didn't plan on things getting out of hand.  Your constant Troll 2 preaching is upsetting people to the point where they're trying to ban it from ever happening, and frankly, as someone else who WANTS them to do Troll 2, I really wish we could all just make up.  I'm on your side that they should do the movie, but it seems you talk about Troll a bit too much around these parts.  I wasn't aware about this til people started mistaking me for you.  I don't mean to come off sounding irritated, but honestly, I've been mistaken for you basically all day and I don't really like it. 

-andrew

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »
I have nothing to do with you.  I don't know you.  However, I do think the picture on your thing is cool.  I was just trying to get the word out about Troll 2.  Unfortunately, some of the people who are complaining about the Troll 2 promotions are the same ones who disagreed with me on my stance that Mike did the right thing by not mocking 9/11 from weeks ago.  I think they are holding a grudge and trying to bully me off the site.
I admit that my Troll 2 promotional campaign may of been excessive, but please understand I was just having fun.  I apologize if it offended some fair minded people.  I was not trying to make people mad.  Please don't view Troll 2 as the movie ambitiously stupid wants to see.  Please have an open mind and take in the masterpiece that is Troll 2 for yourself and generations to come.

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »
What are you talking about not mocking 9/11? What was the story on this? Also can you provide some more info/links about Troll 2? Honestly I hadnt heard about it till i saw it on these boards.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »
What are you talking about not mocking 9/11?
Sorry, but I'm not going there again anytime soon.  If you want to rehash just look around the cocktail board.

Also can you provide some more info/links about Troll 2? Honestly I hadnt heard about it till i saw it on these boards.

The best place to start would be
http://imdb.com/title/tt0105643/
Just click the user comments.

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 09:41:33 PM »
No need to rehash the debate but a synopsis wouldnt hurt....

Either way the comments there are interesting but I  was hoping you had more insight into the film since you have seen it.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!