login

Author Topic: List Of Crap#60 Countdown - Top Comedic Actors & Actresses (Possibly NSFW clips)  (Read 43161 times)

Johnny Unusual

Steven Colbert as Gregory Peck:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uF_haaJOCzQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uF_haaJOCzQ</a>

I've never seen this one.  Brilliant!

Number 10
(97 points, on 7 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by ColeStratton & Monty)
Gene Wilder

This looks like for a promotional photo of Gene Wilder taking over the role of Doctor Who (he would have made a great American Doctor).  Wasn't on my list as I just never felt strongly about him, but everything I've seen him do I like.

Number 9
(102 points, on 7 of 16 lists - Top Vote #2- Wurwolf)
Steve Carell

My thoughts:
No question Steve is a really funny guy and deserves to be on this list, but I think he may be a bit too high at #9.  Definitely talented though.

Yeah, it might be a little high, but there's no denying that he's hilarious, even in lackluster films.  Looking forward to his next one a lot:

<a href="http://videos.movie-list.com/flvplayer.swf?file=http://videos.movie-list.com/flvideo/1927.flv" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://videos.movie-list.com/flvplayer.swf?file=http://videos.movie-list.com/flvideo/1927.flv</a>

My thoughts:
I think Colbert is amazing, and although he has had bit roles here and there, the fact that he ranks this high on this list almost entirely due to one single character is pretty cool.  The fact that he has pretty much turned his entire life over to the "role" of Stephen Colbert is really fun to watch, whether it is during his show, in interviews, or testifying before Congress.

Phenomenal sketch actor, voice actor, improviser and plane regular actor.  Getting his own show created the most brilliantly original talk show ever (talk shows with fake hosts have happened before, but none in a real nightly talk show capacity) but one has to wonder what he would have done if Comedy Central didn't decide to keep him around with his own show.  He's accomplished so much with that one TV show and his perfectly refined cult of personality, is what he's done something he could only do with his show, or would freeing him allow him to conquer the world.  Or would he just be the second yeoman on Battleship?

Number 7
(125 points, on 8 of 16 lists - Top Vote #3 - George Harrison & Kete)
Peter Sellers

My thoughts:
Another genius and legend. Being There is simply amazing and you should check it out if you have never seen it.

I must admit, I've never seen Being There, and I would really like too, but Clousteau took what could have been a Catalina Caper film and made it a classic.  Of course, the Pink Panther is fine, but the best film in the series is A Shot in the Dark.  One of the funniest films of all time.

Number 6
(128 points, on 8 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 - Smith Dr John Smith)
Groucho Marx

Hell yeah.  He's amazing, and he can improvise.  I listened to an old episode of You Bet Your Life last year and it was a tremendous show.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Phenomenal sketch actor, voice actor, improviser and plane regular actor. 

This summer, Pixar presents Stephen Colbert in his most challenging role to date...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Number 7
(125 points, on 8 of 16 lists - Top Vote #3 - George Harrison & Kete)
Peter Sellers

My thoughts:
Another genius and legend. Being There is simply amazing and you should check it out if you have never seen it.

I must admit, I've never seen Being There, and I would really like too, but Clousteau took what could have been a Catalina Caper film and made it a classic.  Of course, the Pink Panther is fine, but the best film in the series is A Shot in the Dark.  One of the funniest films of all time.

I think I liked "Revenge" or "Return" the best, but I don't remember the early Pink Panthers very well. You should look up the goon show. That was a mostly great radio show with Sellers.

Also, Being There is not a comedy, and can be quite taxing if you're not into slow, rambling movies.

Johnny Unusual

Phenomenal sketch actor, voice actor, improviser and plane regular actor. 

This summer, Pixar presents Stephen Colbert in his most challenging role to date...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Giant-Headed DB Cooper?

To be fair, that Planes movie is not an official Pixar movie.  Whatever happened with that BTW?  Wasn't it previewed over a year ago?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
To be fair, that Planes movie is not an official Pixar movie.  Whatever happened with that BTW?  Wasn't it previewed over a year ago?

Oh yeah, that thing kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Wikipedia says it's scheduled for a straight-to-video release in Q1/Q2 2013.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Johnny Unusual

Oh yeah, that thing kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Wikipedia says it's scheduled for a straight-to-video release in Q1/Q2 2013.

While it didn't look good, shame that this means less exposure for Dave Foley.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Ah see, I had a different Goon on my list.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Funny you say that about Steve Carrell -- I saw that he came in at #9 and I said out loud, Man, he should have placed higher than that. I think he's a great comedian and actor and even though some of his projects have been misses the projects that are hits are some of the best comedies I've ever seen. 40 Year Old Virgin is my favorite movie of all time. I remember going to see it at a screening in NYC a week before it came out because I got free tickets through my work, and I wasn't expecting much. APGIL and I only went because it was free. I never laughed so hard in all of my life. It still cracks me up every time I see it, and it was such a feel-good movie, too. That, plus Michael Scott, one of my favorite characters, plus his Daily Show stuff put him in the #2 spot for me.

I had both Peter Sellers and Stephen Colbert on my list and took them off. I love them both but it's been a while since I've seen the Pink Panther movies and I'm not sure if I'd find them as enjoyable now as I did then, so I left Peter Sellers off. I think Stephen Colbert is hilarious and amazing, but for some reason when it came to putting him on my list I was just kind of meh about the idea.

I had Groucho Marx on my list at #8. I probably should have placed him higher but there were others I felt even more strongly about, so he landed a little lower than he likely deserved. Oh well. I'm glad to see he placed so well here.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

Also, Being There is not a comedy, and can be quite taxing if you're not into slow, rambling movies.

Oh I don't know about that.  It certainly has a deliberate pace and Sellers' performance is very understated as required by the character.  But I found the whole thing charming and funny.

Not all comedies have to knock you over the head with one liners and sight gags.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks

Oh I don't know about that.  It certainly has a deliberate pace and Sellers' performance is very understated as required by the character.  But I found the whole thing charming and funny.

Not all comedies have to knock you over the head with one liners and sight gags.

I don't think it's a comedy first and foremost, and I think calling it a comedy (not that you did) is misleading. That's all I'm saying.

MightyJack

I agree. While there's drama, it's got a lot of humor as well. I like deadpan comedy

Johnny Unusual

I agree. While there's drama, it's got a lot of humor as well. I like deadpan comedy

If I may add something that might not add anything to this (and keep in mind not having seen the movie so I'm not siding with anyone), but some works aren't quite so easily pigeonholed into genres.  Plus, I've heard it's a satire and satire isn't always comedy in the conventional sense of the word.

Johnny Unusual

A Shot in the Dark is my favorite Pink Panther movie--the others get a tad...I dunno. They try too hard?  But to say he just did Pink Panther stuff is kind of doing him a disservice; he was great in Dr. Strangelove, people have mentioned Being There (which I only think is ok), but The Party is hilarious.  He was just incredibly versatile.

Oh, yeah, forgot about the Party.  He was a hell of a talent.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
Number 6
(128 points, on 8 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 - Smith Dr John Smith)
Groucho Marx

My thoughts:
Simply one of the funniest men who ever lived.  Great delivery and timing.  There is no one like him today and there may never be another.

He was also funny in print. His book Groucho and Me is a favorite of mine.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

MontyServo

Number 5
(148 points, on 7 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 - Imrahil & Kete)
Steve Martin

My thoughts:
Fantastic comic actor and comedian.  The Jerk remains one of my favorite comedies ever.  And he was robbed of Oscar recognition for Roxanne, which is his best film and role.

The Wiki:
Stephen Glenn "Steve" Martin (born August 14, 1945) is an American actor, comedian, author, playwright, producer, musician and composer. Martin came to public notice as a writer for the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, and later became a frequent guest on The Tonight Show. In the 1970s, Martin performed his offbeat, absurdist comedy routines before packed houses on national tours. In 2004, Comedy Central ranked Martin at sixth place in a list of the 100 greatest stand-up comics.

Since the 1980s, having branched away from stand-up comedy, Martin has become a successful actor in both comedic and dramatic roles, as well as an author, playwright, pianist, and banjo player, eventually earning Emmy, Grammy, and American Comedy awards, among other honors.

The clip:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tcwz8-EfFYE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tcwz8-EfFYE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>