Author Topic: List Of Crap#60 Countdown - Top Comedic Actors & Actresses (Possibly NSFW clips)  (Read 44383 times)

MontyServo

So...  George Costanza...  OK...  Don't get me wrong.  I think Seinfeld was a really funny show, but the thought of putting anyone from that show on this list never even crossed my mind.

This definitely implies that he thought it was weird. If he didn't, that's that.

I didn't want to be overly negative about any of the picks since I was running the list, but since you seem to be offended by my comments and want to push the issue:

I think Jason Alexander is a one note actor who lucked into the part of a lifetime and hasn't shown any sort of comedic talent in anything before or since.  The fact he ranks as high on this list as he does is kind of a joke.  And don't even get me started on Michael Richards.

I don't just find it weird that someone ranked him #4 on their list.  I find it bizarre.

And the thing is I love Seinfeld, and think it is one of the best sitcoms of the '90s.  And I think Jason Alexander was fantastic as George Costanza.  But, like I said, nothing else he has done leads me to think he deserves to be on this list above most, if not all, of the names that come before him.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:03:39 PM by Monty »

Coragale

So...  George Costanza...  OK...  Don't get me wrong.  I think Seinfeld was a really funny show, but the thought of putting anyone from that show on this list never even crossed my mind.

This definitely implies that he thought it was weird. If he didn't, that's that.

I didn't want to be overly negative about any of the picks since I was running the list, but since you seem to be offended by my comments and want to push the issue:

I think Jason Alexander is a one note actor who lucked into the part of a lifetime and hasn't shown any sort of comedic talent in anything before or since.  The fact he ranks as high on this list as he does is kind of a joke.  And don't even get me started on Michael Richards.

I don't just find it weird that someone ranked him #4 on their list.  I find it bizarre.

And the thing is I love Seinfeld, and think it is one of the best sitcoms of the '90s.  And I think Jason Alexander was fantastic as George Costanza.  But, like I said, nothing else he has done leads me to think he deserves to be on this list above most, if not all, of the names that come before him.

I have to disagree entirely. Everything that I've seen Jason Alexander in, he's been hilarious. I particularly loved his appearance on Thank God You're Here. I just think that people aren't using him appropriately when they have him.

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1577
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook

Man, now I feel guilty about putting Jennifer Anniston as number 1
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
I liked Mark McKinney, the 6th Kid in the Hall.  Been watching some random episodes recently.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3856
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
I considered Jason Alexander, but I really enjoy him more as a voice actor than as a comedic actor...

MightyJack

I didn't put any of the Kids on my list and I am ashamed. I loved them. But seriously I could have listed 50 and still left out a bunch of goodies.

I am happy to see so many of my picks make the list, I thought I some of the old timers I liked would be forgotten.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Number 35
(35 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #7 by Johnny Unusual)
Andrea Martin

#10 on my list, and the highest-ranking female. Martin is just an incredibly funny and versatile comedian. An indispensable part of SCTV, she created so many hilarious characters and carried so many sketches with her standout performances.

One of my favorite characters is Libby Wolfson. This "fitness" segment is just gold.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UbrsTe4peZ4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UbrsTe4peZ4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Number 34
(35 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by Coragale)
Jason Alexander
I think Jason Alexander is a one note actor who lucked into the part of a lifetime and hasn't shown any sort of comedic talent in anything before or since.

While I wouldn't necessarily agree he's a one-note actor, he hasn't shown me anything even comparable to the stuff he did on Seinfeld, which I absolutely adore. Although, when I think about it, there are others on my list that are arguably in the same position. I don't know; this list was hard to put together. I think we might have shot ourselves in the foot a bit by expanding it from sketch performers to all comedic actors/actresses. Maybe it's just me, but it would've made it so much simpler, and the cuts wouldn't have been nearly as difficult. I'm not trying to knock the list, but I do hope that we'll perhaps revisit the sketch-only list somewhere down the road. Oh, who am I kidding? That's never gonna happen.

Number 33
(36 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #3 by Asbestos Bill)
Mark McKinney

McKinney's great, and he might have made it if it was limited to sketch. I certainly would've included Kevin McDonald, who I think is absolutely fucking hilarious.

Number 32
(36 points, on 3 of 16 lists - Top Vote #9 by Asbestos Bill
Bob Odenkirk

Ditto on Odenkirk. Mr. Show is one of my all-time favorite shows and he had many shining moments. Although, he's probably not the one I would've picked from the show if I had one on this list. Much like Tina Fey, I think I appreciate Odenkirk more as a writer than a performer. However, I will say his work on Breaking Bad is outstanding, and he's consistently surprised and impressed me with his acting ability on that show.

Number 31
(40 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by D.B. Barnes)
Martin Short

My favorite performer on SCTV, and that's really saying something. Grimley, Jackie Rogers Jr., Brock Linehan, Irving Cohen, Troy Soren, Jerry Lewis, Nathan Thurm. Short was pure comedy magic on that show. And that's not even taking into account his film work, much of which I thoroughly enjoy. Charles Grodin is also a favorite of mine, and I actually enjoy the hell out of Clifford! And let's not forget his work on SNL. Men's Synchronized Swimming! "I'm not that strong a swimmer."

The Half Wits clip Monty posted is fantastic; what an amazing collection of talent, and Moranis and Thomas aren't even in that sketch!!!

Here's my favorite Grimley clip. The stare down with the snake gets me every time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GAItsU8CGYY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GAItsU8CGYY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

This is another favorite of mine, featuring Short as both Brock Linehan and Rusty Van Rettig. It's a longish clip, but well worth watching. I think it really epitomizes the greatness of SCTV-era Short.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFIMtp3DAHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yFIMtp3DAHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

The guy just kills me!  :D
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
McKinney isn't my *favorite* Kid, but he's by far the most versatile and talented as an actor, which is mostly what I ranked by. McCulloch was my favorite.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
I am ashamed that I didn't even think of Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, or Dan Ackyord.  And happy to see John C. Reilly place.

Great list so far!
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
I just realized...I think I forgot Monty Python's Flying Circus entirely... :(

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7312
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
I just realized...I think I forgot Monty Python's Flying Circus entirely... :(

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ColeStratton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 322
  • I'm king of the room!
    • SF Sketchfest
Number 33
(36 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #3 by Asbestos Bill)
Mark McKinney

[/center]

I couldn't pick ONE kid to single out, so I didn't put any on my list! I've actually been fortunate enough to know them (they've done my comedy festival a few times) and I see Bruce McCulloch from time to time (he'll be a future Pop My Culture guest!). My old sketch comedy group Totally False People took their name from Mark's bio from their 2000 tour program ("Rumours that Mark was gay -- TOTALLY FALSE, PEOPLE! -- led to....:"). It was our goal when we started the fest to get them there one day, and we assembled them one by one (Bruce first, then Dave, then Scott) before we got them all there. They're truly like the Voltron of comedy.

Name dropping? Sure. But goddamn it, they're a giant influence on me and the little college comedy nerd in me still can't believe that I've been around them as much as I have.

The Kids, Paul Myers, me, Janet Varney and David Owen, 2008
My website!: www.colestratton.com
My touring group! www.themeparkimprov.com
My comedy fest!: www.sfsketchfest.com
My goodness!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
I didn't have a single Python, but that was intentional.

Johnny Unusual

I see Bruce McCulloch from time to time (he'll be a future Pop My Culture guest!)

YEAH!

MontyServo

Number 30
(41 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by Asbestos Bill
Michael Richards

My thoughts:
He was pretty funny as Kramer and in U.H.F..

The Wiki:
Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1949) is an American actor, comedian, writer and television producer, best known for his portrayal of the eccentric Cosmo Kramer on the television sitcom Seinfeld. Throughout the show's run, he received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series three times.

Richards began his career as a stand up comedian, first stepping into a national spotlight when he was featured on Billy Crystal's first cable TV special. He went on to become a series regular on ABC's Fridays. Prior to Seinfeld, he made numerous guest appearances on a variety of television shows including Cheers, Night Court, Miami Vice and St. Elsewhere. His film credits include So I Married an Axe Murderer, Airheads, Young Doctors in Love, Problem Child, Coneheads, UHF, and Trial and Error, one of his few starring roles. During the run of Seinfeld, he made a guest appearance in Mad About You. After Seinfeld, Richards starred in his own sitcom, The Michael Richards Show, which lasted less than one season.

After his series was cancelled, Richards returned to his roots performing stand up comedy. After inciting media furor for losing his temper and repeatedly shouting "nigger," at an African-American audience member in 2006. Richards announced his retirement from stand-up in 2007. Most recently, Richards appeared as himself in the seventh season of Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2009, acting alongside his fellow Seinfeld cast members for the first time since Seinfeld's finale.

The clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuEdU_lrtZk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TuEdU_lrtZk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>