Author Topic: List Of Crap#60 Countdown - Top Comedic Actors & Actresses (Possibly NSFW clips)  (Read 41186 times)

MontyServo

Hey everyone!  It is that time again.  Time to put things in a list and then assign them some points based on the order and then count up all the points and arrange them in another list.  The List of Crap!

I asked for you to send in your lists.  I got 16 lists in total.  Votes have been tallied.  The results are now final.

The list begins here:

(Mods, sticky this thread please and you can release the other voting thread. Thanks.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:53:06 AM by Monty »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5222
  • Mr. Robot
Re: List Of Crap #60 Countdown - Top Comedic Actors & Actresses
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
Ooo, you work fast (of course, I count manually).  Looking forward to this.

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »
One thing I forgot to add.

I will be posting the usual Youtube clip for each entry, but I encourage everyone to find and post their favorite clips for each entry.  The more the better.  ;D

MontyServo

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
Number 50
(25 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by George Harrison)
Cary Grant

My thoughts:
"Judy, Judy, Judy".  I actually don't think he ever said that in a movie.  Cary Grant is a legend.  Father Goose was a favorite of my Dad when I was young so I saw that one a lot.  When you hear the phrase they don't make movie stars like they used to, he is one the best examples of that. I Was A Male War Bride is also a favorite of mine.

The Wiki:
Archibald Alexander Leach (January 18, 1904 – November 29, 1986), better known by his stage name Cary Grant, was an English-American actor. Known for his transatlantic accent, debonair demeanor and "dashing good looks", Grant is considered one of classic Hollywood's definitive leading men.

Grant was named the second Greatest Male Star of All Time by the American Film Institute. Noted particularly for his work in comedy but also for drama, Grant's best-known films include The Awful Truth (1937), Bringing Up Baby (1938), Gunga Din (1939), The Philadelphia Story (1940), His Girl Friday (1940), Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), Notorious (1946), To Catch A Thief (1955), An Affair to Remember (1957), North by Northwest (1959) and Charade (1963).

Nominated twice for the Academy Award for Best Actor, for Penny Serenade (1941) and None But the Lonely Heart (1944), and five times for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Grant was continually passed over, and in 1970 was given an Honorary Oscar at the 42nd Academy Awards. Frank Sinatra presented Grant with the award, "for his unique mastery of the art of screen acting with the respect and affection of his colleagues".

The clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Jm9EUvwFj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5Jm9EUvwFj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:04:34 AM by Monty »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
I've never seen much Cary Grant, but I LOVE Bringing Up Baby.  It's easy to see Katherine Hepburn as the first manic pixie dream girl, but she's really more like a pretty Homer Simpson, smashing her way through Cary Grant's life with thoughtless and almost gleeful abandon.

MontyServo

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »
Number 49
(25 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by CJones)
Betty White

My thoughts:
My first thoughts when it come to Betty White are of the bitch she played on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.  That was my earliest memory of her.  I think she has near perfect comic timing and a willingness to do anything for a laugh, which probably explains her longevity in the business.  And to think there were people saying that no women would make this list cause there are no funny women.  Betty is the first of many that will make this list.

The Wiki:
Betty Marion White Ludden (born January 17, 1922), better known as Betty White, is an American actress, comedienne, singer, author, and television personality. With a career spanning over seven decades, she is best known to contemporary audiences for her television roles as Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls. Since the death of co-star Rue McClanahan in 2010, she is now the only living Golden Girl. She currently stars as Elka Ostrovsky in the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland and hosts the practical-joke show Betty White's Off Their Rockers.

White has won seven Emmy Awards (six for acting) and has received 20 Emmy nominations over the course of her career, including being the first woman ever to receive an Emmy for game show hosting (for the short-lived Just Men!) and is the only person to have an Emmy in all female performing comedic categories. In May 2010, White became the oldest person to guest-host Saturday Night Live, for which she also received a Primetime Emmy Award. White also holds the record for longest span between Emmy nominations for performances – her first was in 1951 and her most recent was in 2011, a span of 60 years – and has become the oldest nominee as of 2012, aged 90. She has made regular appearances on the game shows Password and Match Game and played recurring roles on Mama's Family, Boston Legal, The Bold and the Beautiful, and Community.

The Clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaZX6Swvdv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YaZX6Swvdv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:05:19 AM by Monty »

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
I stand by my statement that very few women are actually funny. I only had three women on my list of twenty-five. Betty White was not one.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
I stand by my statement that very few women are actually funny. I only had three women on my list of twenty-five. Betty White was not one.

Hmmm.  I only had four women on my list so I guess what you say has some truth.  Men, on average, are funnier than women.  But I did have a lady at #2 on my list.  Cause I adore her and think she was just flawless in everything she ever did.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »

Hmmm.  I only had four women on my list so I guess what you say has some truth.  Men, on average, are funnier than women.  But I did have a lady at #2 on my list.  Cause I adore her and think she was just flawless in everything she ever did.

I'm sorry to break this to you but Madea is not a real person.  She's just a Tyler Perry character.

MontyServo

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
Number 48
(26 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #12 by Kete)
Dave Chappelle

My thoughts:
I will agree that Dave Chappelle is a funny guy, but I haven't really seen too much of his show.  What I have seen though is really funny.  His stand up is pretty funny too.

The Wiki:
David Khari Webber "Dave" Chappelle (born August 24, 1973) is an American comedian, screenwriter, television/film producer, actor, and artist. Chappelle began his film career in the film Robin Hood: Men in Tights in 1993 and continued to star in minor roles in the films The Nutty Professor, Con Air, and Blue Streak. His first lead role in a film was in Half Baked in 1998. In 2003, he became widely known for his popular sketch comedy television series, Chappelle's Show, which ran until his abrupt retirement from the show in 2005. Chappelle is ranked forty-third in Comedy Central Presents: 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time

The clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjLG92qXfSg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OjLG92qXfSg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

MontyServo

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »

I'm sorry to break this to you but Madea is not a real person.  She's just a Tyler Perry character.

Shit!  And it is too late to edit my list!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
Crap, can't believe I forgot Chappelle.

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
Number 47
(26 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #10 by Pak-Man)
Robin Williams

My thoughts:
I used to think Robin Williams was hilarious.  I had his Night At The Met album on vinyl back in the day and wore it out.  Now I think he is almost a cliche of what he used to be.  Good Morning Vietnam still stands up as a classic.

The Wiki:
Robin McLaurin Williams (born July 21, 1951) is an American actor and comedian. Rising to fame with his role as the alien Mork in the TV series Mork & Mindy, and later stand-up comedy work, Williams has performed in many feature films since 1980. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the 1997 film Good Will Hunting. He has also won two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globes, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and five Grammy Awards.

The clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8gndbh4ZMo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8gndbh4ZMo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »
Chapelle's Show was great.  When I first saw commercials I had written it off.  Oh, a dumb looking car commercial, a crackhead character.  Looks like a retread of In Living Color stuff, which was never very good.  But, man, I finally gave the show a chance and it was great.  Chapelle is very funny and has a ton of charisma.  In a way, I'm kind of glad that if he had to leave it was Calvin and Hobbes style: at the top of his game.  True, it means that there's some great stuff we'll never see from him, but what he left behind was damn fine.  Oh, and some mediocre movies, but that was before he hit his stride, so we'll forgive those.

Sadly, the sketch is aged a bit in the sense that barely anyone remembers Wayne Brady, but even forgetting that, this is a brilliant piece of dark comedy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkwTzy7T_Lw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zkwTzy7T_Lw</a>

EDIT:
Number 47
(26 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #10 by Pak-Man)
Robin Williams

No.  No, thank you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:41:49 AM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Number 50
(25 points, on 2 of 16 lists - Top Vote #4 by George Harrison)
Cary Grant

My thoughts:
"Judy, Judy, Judy".  I actually don't think he ever said that in a movie.  Cary Grant is a legend.  Father Goose was a favorite of my Dad when I was young so I saw that one a lot.  When you hear the phrase they don't make movie stars like they used to, he is one the best examples of that. I Was A Male War Bride is also a favorite of mine.

The Wiki:
Archibald Alexander Leach (January 18, 1904 – November 29, 1986), better known by his stage name Cary Grant, was an English-American actor. Known for his transatlantic accent, debonair demeanor and "dashing good looks", Grant is considered one of classic Hollywood's definitive leading men.

Grant was named the second Greatest Male Star of All Time by the American Film Institute. Noted particularly for his work in comedy but also for drama, Grant's best-known films include The Awful Truth (1937), Bringing Up Baby (1938), Gunga Din (1939), The Philadelphia Story (1940), His Girl Friday (1940), Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), Notorious (1946), To Catch A Thief (1955), An Affair to Remember (1957), North by Northwest (1959) and Charade (1963).

Nominated twice for the Academy Award for Best Actor, for Penny Serenade (1941) and None But the Lonely Heart (1944), and five times for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Grant was continually passed over, and in 1970 was given an Honorary Oscar at the 42nd Academy Awards. Frank Sinatra presented Grant with the award, "for his unique mastery of the art of screen acting with the respect and affection of his colleagues".

The clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Jm9EUvwFj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5Jm9EUvwFj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

bringing up Baby and Arsenic and Old Lace are two of the best comedies ever made if you ask me.  Glad grant made it onto the list.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.