login

Author Topic: List Of Crap#60 Countdown - Top Comedic Actors & Actresses (Possibly NSFW clips)  (Read 44333 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Number 22
(51 points, on 4 of 16 lists - Top Vote #3 by Wurwolf)
Paul Rudd

My apologies to the folks who included him. That's an egregious oversight on my part.  :-[
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

MontyServo

Number 21
(53 points, on 4 of 16 lists - Top Vote #6 by Pak-Man)
Jim Carrey

My thoughts:
I really like Jim Carrey, although he didn't make my list.  Some of his movies are outright hilarious, some cringeworthy.

The Wiki:
James Eugene "Jim" Carrey (born January 17, 1962) is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, and producer. Carrey has received four Golden Globe Award nominations, winning two. Known for his highly energetic, slapstick performances, he has been described as one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood.

Carrey first gained recognition in 1990 after landing a recurring role in the sketch comedy In Living Color. His first leading roles in major productions came with Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), Dumb and Dumber (1994), The Mask (1994), and Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995). In 1997, he gave a critically acclaimed performance in Liar Liar, which earned him a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actor. He then starred in the critically acclaimed hits The Truman Show (1998) and Man on the Moon (1999), both garnering him two Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor.

In 2000, he gained further recognition for his portrayal of the The Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Three years later, Carrey starred in the major blockbuster film Bruce Almighty (2003). The following year he starred in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), for which he received another Golden Globe nomination in addition to a BAFTA Award nomination. He then starred in popular productions Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004), Fun with Dick and Jane (2005), Yes Man (2008), A Christmas Carol (2009), and Mr. Popper's Penguins (2011).

He is set to star in Burt Wonderstone in 2013 as Steve Gray, in addition to reprising his role as Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber 2 in 2014. He is also set to star as Mr. Applegate in a film adaption of the broadway musical Damn Yankees.

The clip:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxDJAeABxNU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FxDJAeABxNU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

MontyServo

That is it for tonight.  Tomorrow we will do #20-11 and get the top ten this weekend.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Jim Carrey beat Paul Rudd?

You're all grounded.

Well, if I wasn't such a fucking space case, Rudd would've beat the shit outta Carrey.  :grr:

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
I did my part by not having Jim Carrey on the list but Paul Rudd was my #3. Sooo, not grounded!  :highfive:

And SHIT! I am kicking myself for forgetting Bob Newhart! I love him! Goddammit.

ETA: That clip of Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer is one of my favorites. He's also got another funny part where, at the end during the talent show, he turns around to and his mouth falls open and it's just the most perfect take I've ever seen. I rewound it like ten times to watch and laughed for like ten minutes straight.

My favorite Paul Rudd movie (besides 40 Year Old Virgin) was Role Models, which really needs to be seen by everyone in the whole wide world. So many funny lines (I love David Wain) but Paul Rudd is fantastic. This is from that movie, and one of my favorite gifs:

Fun fact: This picture is actually hanging on my refrigerator at home:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:15:25 PM by wurwolf »
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
I love Newhart too, but as a Stand-Up first and foremost.

Johnny Unusual

Looks like Gary Busey and Nicholas Cage had a baby.

This appearance just perplexes me. Like Robin Williams, he can actually be good in dramatic roles (I love the Truman Show) but I find his comedy generally repellant.  Also, could you have found a picture that creates a more vicseral reaction of me wanting to punch my computer screen?  I don't even hate him and I'm clenching a fist.

Ahem.  Sorry.  Back to a more positive note:

Number 25
(50 points, on 3 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 by Coragale)
Bruce McCulloch

Yay!  The "nutty artist" Kid of the series.  Here's one of my favourites:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPCiJ18RllA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kPCiJ18RllA</a>

Number 24
(51 points, on 3 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 by Mrs. Dick Courier)
Bob Newhart

Sorry, sorry, major oversight on my part.  He would only be a few points higher, but it would have been enough to move him into the teens.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!

ETA: That clip of Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer is one of my favorites. He's also got another funny part where, at the end during the talent show, he turns around to and his mouth falls open and it's just the most perfect take I've ever seen. I rewound it like ten times to watch and laughed for like ten minutes straight.

Have you seen the outtakes for Role Models? He and Elizabeth Banks do a callback to WHAS in those that's awesome because of its relative obscurity.

Yeah, I did see that. When I first saw the outtakes I didn't get it, despite the fact that I'd already seen WHAS. I just didn't connect what they did in the outtake and the movie until I saw WHAS a second time. When they said it I started laughing, because then I remembered the outtake. It was great! I need to see Role Models again.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

I thought he was great in Our Idiot Brother too.  Did anyone see Wunderlust yet?  I was waiting for home video myself, since when it was in theaters I was not in any shape to go see a movie.

Can't wait for This Is 40.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Number 25
(50 points, on 3 of 16 lists - Top Vote #1 by Coragale)
Bruce McCulloch

My favorite because he's just so charming, and I love his speeches.

America: A Place for Americans

MontyServo

I thought he was great in Our Idiot Brother too.  Did anyone see Wunderlust yet?  I was waiting for home video myself, since when it was in theaters I was not in any shape to go see a movie.

DB Said Our Idiot Brother was a drama, so I dropped it off my queue.

I know that it had some dramatic elements in it, but Paul Rudd was pretty funny as the simple guy just walking his way through life blissfully unaware of the chaos his naïveté causes on his family.  It gets a bit heavy at points, but still is worth watching for a great performance by Rudd.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"

DB Said Our Idiot Brother was a drama, so I dropped it off my queue.

I know that it had some dramatic elements in it, but Paul Rudd was pretty funny as the simple guy just walking his way through life blissfully unaware of the chaos his naïveté causes on his family.  It gets a bit heavy at points, but still is worth watching for a great performance by Rudd.

It has its funny moments, but I would definitely classify it as a drama. I guess you could call it a "dramedy," but I remember being surprised at the overall tone of the film compared to how it was marketed in the trailer. It is not by any means a straight-up comedy. By the way, I thought the movie was fantastic; enjoyable and heartfelt, with great performances across the board.

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
I just watched The Truman Show last night.  Jim Carrey is horrible in it.  His dumb mugging and screaming undercut the seriousness of every big revelation.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
Number 23
(51 points, on 4 of 16 lists - Top Vote #8 by Smith Dr John Smith & Tripe H. Redux)
Stephen Fry

Steven Fry is awesome in everything he does.  Blackadder,Jeeves and Wooster,and Fry and Laurie are insanely good and I have loved them since I was a kid.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1565
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)