Author Topic: Amplitude  (Read 1964 times)

Offline pwndabear

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Amplitude
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »
This game was made by Harmonix (you may know them from Guitar Hero) in '02 I believe.  It incorporates music and rhythm, turning on tracks in music, and gaining highscores through mad skillz.

Recently, just this February, Sony turned off the on-line servers for the game.  Though there has been a decent calling for a sequel, Sony has declined hosting the game for the PS3.

Bah.

Now, I can't find too many people that play this game let alone know of it.  Anyone here know it?  If you do, you'll appreciate this:

There is a period at the end of this sentence.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Amplitude
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 01:45:05 PM »
Very nice, screen shot man

I own the game and the lesser known first game called frequency, i never played them online before, but im not that good at anyways, but it truly was a fun game and do hope they come out with a sequal. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 10:39:49 PM »
Got a copy on my shelf actually. It's a lot of fun, even if I am all thumbs at the rhythm type games. I suck on the Rock Show level though.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:41:37 PM »
I played Frequency a bit when it first came out, but never got into the sequel.  Once I hit the wall and couldn't progress any further in the game, I kinda tuned out.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

• Compsognathus
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »
personally i felt that amplitude was a much more playable game.  Frequency had some problems making it look clear as to what was going on which always irked me.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:20 AM »
My favorite part was if you did good enough, it let you just freestyle for awhile, which was immensely satisfying.  I wish they had that element in Guitar Hero.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

• Compsognathus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 12:06:44 PM »
yeah the freestyle powerup was awesome.  In reverse logic i liked how if you sucked you couldnt here anything more than the snare drum lol