Poll

What ranking do you give this track?  1 star being poor, 10 being rifftacular.

**********(10)
10 (17.2%)
*********(9)
13 (22.4%)
********(8 )
22 (37.9%)
*******(7)
8 (13.8%)
******(6)
3 (5.2%)
*****(5)
1 (1.7%)
****(4)
0 (0%)
***(3)
1 (1.7%)
**(2)
0 (0%)
*(1)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Rank-a-Riff  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1300
Rank-a-Riff
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »
Don't have time to sift through the thoughts topic?  Have a poll fetish?  Can't read?  No worries.  Just rank your Rifftrax here.

And don't forget to vote again on the actual Rifftrax page, where you purchase the Rifftrax.

Offline Behonkiss

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • Escapist
Re: Rank-a-Riff
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 07:06:17 PM »

I really wanted to like this movie and the Trax, but this is the first one I just had to turn off.  After seeing that infamous Youtube montage of clips, I was hoping for a laugh-a-minute comedy, but outside of those scenes the movie is just so boring.  Mike and Kevin are still able to poke fun at it, but it's like the MST3K Hamlet episode- just too dull and straightforward to laugh at even with jokes provided.

Offline euphoriafish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
  • Punk rock fer sure.
    • Euphoriafish on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »
Out of the three trax I've played so far, this one is my favorite.  Partially *because* the movie itself would be so boring without it.  And the schoolhouse scene in the middle is the best part of the riffing.  Also, I like Nicolas Cage-- even when he picks horrible movies to be in as some personal debt to a dead punk rocker.  Mike and Kevin allowed me to soothe my morbid curiosity and enjoy the giant Nicolas Cage puppy dog action hero face as well as seeing Ellen Burstyn made up like Braveheart, but without putting up with the boring stupidity and lack of plot.  90% of the movie is boring and stupid, and then the ending is about as bad as the ending of The Ninth Gate.  But it looks beautiful throughout. This is due in part to all the stuff with the bees, but is mostly due to the Pacific Northwest setting.  I've been to Washington, which is my favorite part of our country where I think I want to live someday, and the people there are some of the nicest and friendliest people in the country.  Which makes it even funnier that the Amazon cult in the movie are a bunch of antisocial zombies.

They also get major kudos from me for making a joke about the Burning Man festival.  That was the point that I had to laugh out loud.
Jokes, social causes, and occasional current events punditry: twitter.com/euphoriafish. 

If I had to do my teens all over again, I still would have had no drivers license and still would have memorized bad movies.  Every Turkey Day was well spent as is.

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
Just re-watched this one and still stand by my vote of 10/10.  A really great riff on a fantastically goofy movie.
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 01:20:23 AM »
Perfect 10