Author Topic: Dont remind people of a good movies during your crappy movie?  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
Dont remind people of a good movies during your crappy movie?
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:44:06 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone notice that the little tune that one guy was playing just before Diesel and the cop go into the bar. it was original from a great Orson Welles movie named "The Third Man". If you havent seen its a pretty great who-done-it movie. Anyways I really dont know if its a traditional czech song or not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:49:22 PM by Road_Element »

Offline Rube_Maroon

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?
Re: Dont remind people of a good movies during your crappy movie?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »
Xxx brings up a fuckton of better movies. The entire basis of Xxx is built on a long legacy of better movies. That's a large part of what makes it so evil.

Offline mst3ktemple

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure "The Third Man Theme" was written for the movie.  I remember my parents had the LP of the soundtrack with music played by Anton Karas.  When I finally watched the movie I thought it was really good.

I always thought it was kinda strange to have a sort of Greek dance theme when the movie was set in Vienna.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:10:59 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone notice that the little tune that one guy was playing just before Diesel and the cop go into the bar. Was original from a great Orson Welles movie named "The Third Man". If you havent seen its a pretty great who done it movie. Anyways I really dont know if its a traditional czech song or not.

I caught that too! And Mike knows his movies and his music so well that I was a bit surprised he didn't. Maybe he had so much else to riff on that he just didn't bother with it.

But yeah, that same quote about good movies came to mind.  :D

As for ethnicity, "The Third Man" was set in Vienna and I heard the music was based on traditional Austrian folk music. How it's supposed to have ended up in Prague, the Lord only knows.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »
"The things I do for my country" sounded a lot like something Sean Connery said in a Bond film.  I think it was You Only Live Twice.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:05:20 PM »
Don't forget the infuriating motorcycle jump Great Escape reference Mike did call out. God I hate this movie.

Although to be honest the thing I hated most were those damn red leather pants.