Author Topic: List of Crap 59: Top 50 Comic Strips Countdown!  (Read 113631 times)

Johnny Unusual

Re: List of Crap 59: Top 50 Comic Strips Countdown!
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
Actually the King of Id's crown looks like a weird flat hat.  My rule: if it makes your head look like Boris Karloff's Frankenstein, it's not a real crown.  Maybe they gave him an ashtray and told him it was a crown.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
Yeah know when your royal outfit makes you look like some guy who should be doing people's taxes in the mall,it's time to rethink things. 

You know some very flouncingly dressed accountants.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »
Actually the King of Id's crown looks like a weird flat hat.  My rule: if it makes your head look like Boris Karloff's Frankenstein, it's not a real crown.  Maybe they gave him an ashtray and told him it was a crown.

There is a subject for a future strip,"The origin of the King's Crown."
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
This is what a king looks like in Saudi Arabia:

Dat picture

Yeah know when your royal outfit makes you look like some guy who should be doing people's taxes in the mall,it's time to rethink things. 

WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING A KING IF YOU DON'T EVEN GET A CROWN?!

Well, crowns are more a European king thing. It's not really a tradition in the Middle East.

I will say that all these legacy strips that are being posted (not so much the ones like Pogo or Crazy Kat, the ones that ended long ago) do exactly nothing for me. Though I don't believe I'll be going out of my way to speak disparagingly of them.

And I also really, really hope Hsu and Chan makes the list. If it doesn't it'll be partly my fault, as despite my almost slavish devotion to all things Norm Scott, I neglected to include it (I don't know why I forgot Magazine Strips for this list, or even why I didn't count it as a webcomic).

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2012, 05:05:16 PM »
Despite my avatar, BC didn't make my list. I liked the comic strip, I guess, but Johnny Hart has some politics with which I can't agree, so when it came time to whittle the list down I just felt like his views colored my feelings about BC so it didn't make the cut.

Also, one last comment about Family Circus -- I put that strip on my list in good faith because I like the comic, but if it's pissed off the same crowd that said "Cool As Ice" was the greatest movie to come out of the nineties, then now, more than ever, I'm glad it made my list.

For a forum based around Rifftrax, people around here don't seem to get jokes...

Then again, maybe I'm missing your joke. I'll just assume you're joking.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:07:22 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Invader_quirk

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »
Despite my avatar, BC didn't make my list. I liked the comic strip, I guess, but Johnny Hart has some politics with which I can't agree, so when it came time to whittle the list down I just felt like his views colored my feelings about BC so it didn't make the cut.

Also, one last comment about Family Circus -- I put that strip on my list in good faith because I like the comic, but if it's pissed off the same crowd that said "Cool As Ice" was the greatest movie to come out of the nineties, then now, more than ever, I'm glad it made my list.

For a forum based around Rifftrax, people around here don't seem to get jokes...

I was going to say something similar, but I feared wurolf's comment may have been a joke I didn't get. That would be embarrassing.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6297
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »
This is what a king looks like in Saudi Arabia:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING A KING IF YOU DON'T EVEN GET A CROWN?!
What?! Two large o-rings on your head isn't enough of a crown for you?

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »

Then again, maybe I'm missing your joke. I'll just assume you're joking.

And yet when called to defend Cool As Ice, you and your friends insisted that you genuinely thought Cool As Ice was the best movie to come out of the nineties. Now it's a joke?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7194
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
these LOCs are teahing us apaht! D:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Invader_quirk

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
And yet when called to defend Cool As Ice, you and your friends insisted that you genuinely thought Cool As Ice was the best movie to come out of the nineties. Now it's a joke?

Us reacting to Family Circus in the same way people reacted to Cool as Ice is the joke.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »

Us reacting to Family Circus in the same way people reacted to Cool as Ice is the joke.

I tried to use the same kind of language and everything... Monty got it...

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2012, 05:28:18 PM »
I wish I'd submitted to this list.  Comic strips is one of the few topics I could come up with 25 entries for.  Calvin and Hobbes definitely would have been #1 on my list, and I won't be surprised if it takes the #1 spot here.  I'll be surprised if it doesn't at least get top 5.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Calvin and Hobbes definitely would have been #1 on my list, and I won't be surprised if it takes the #1 spot here.  I'll be surprised if it doesn't at least get top 5.

I'm fully expecting it to.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
And I also really, really hope Hsu and Chan makes the list. If it doesn't it'll be partly my fault, as despite my almost slavish devotion to all things Norm Scott, I neglected to include it (I don't know why I forgot Magazine Strips for this list, or even why I didn't count it as a webcomic).

I said it in a way that's easy to miss, but it did not (and no votes for Nestor and Howard from Nintendo Power.  That takes me back).

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »
At any rate, I prefer the Nietzsche Family Circus