Author Topic: So, whaddya think?  (Read 42745 times)

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
Re: So, whaddya think?
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »
Time to take a stand:

Back in the Northern Exposure days, I thought Diane Delano was totally hot.

>thinking of changing my name to "Seester Beeech"<

She doesn't look so much like a battle axe in this pic:

She looks like you'd pick her up in a bar for a one-nighter or something.

Not that I've ever done that.  :speechless:

In Soviet Russia, after heavily drinking Sister Beech pick up YOU in a bar for a one-nighter!
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2404
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
Time to take a stand:

Back in the Northern Exposure days, I thought Diane Delano was totally hot.

>thinking of changing my name to "Seester Beeech"<

She doesn't look so much like a battle axe in this pic:

She looks like you'd pick her up in a bar for a one-nighter or something.

Not that I've ever done that.  :speechless:

In Soviet Russia, after heavily drinking Sister Beech pick up YOU in a bar for a one-nighter!

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »
I can just see the promo interviews with the actress playing Willow:
Interviewer: So how did you get this part?
APW: Well they needed someone who was good at, you know...
(ten second pause as the interviewer waits for the end of that sentence.)
Interviewer: Ok, so what's your character like?
APW: She's from this island Summersisle, which has a community of like pagans...
(another pause)
Interviewer: What was it like working with Nick Cage?
APW: He's just, so... (three second pause) And we had such a good working... (eight second pause)
Interviewer: So how's that valium working for you?
APW: Val...
Interviewer: Exactly how many lines do you finish in this film?
APW: Uh... three or...
After half a minute, Interviewer gets up and heads for the nearest bar.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2007, 02:59:48 AM »
I just thought I'd pop in here an d post up a link I found. It certainly does lend credence to the whole "Bees not making honey" plot point in the movies.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10B1FF8355A0C748EDDAB0894DF404482

So, who would like to be a Wicker Man?
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

Aw, c'mon; whose high school guidance counselor hasn't asked them that?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

Aw, c'mon; whose high school guidance counselor hasn't asked them that?

I guess considering that I'm of the female persuasion, I was never given that page in those personality quizzes that asked questions concerning my eligibility for being a Wicker Man. :(
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2007, 05:53:52 PM »
Well, you'll need a full set of lawn furniture, some hormone treatments, and a special type of elective surgery. =p
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
Well, you'll need a full set of lawn furniture, some hormone treatments, and a special type of elective tree surgery. =p

There. Better.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2007, 01:22:44 AM »
Well my brother had never seen Wicker Man but had always heard it was a horrible movie and that he'd always wanted to see it (He loves to seek out the wretched movies of the world. :^)) So we rented it and I watched it again. I have to say the Riff holds up well to repeated viewings. Once you've accepted that most of the movie isn't going to pay off at all, you're more free to just laugh at the riffs. :^)

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »
I ... wow. I just finished The Wicker Man and, I applaud Mike and Kevin. They did great, but the film was absolutely terrible. I heard it was bad, but there were just no redeeming qualities about it at all.

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
Forgive the lateness of this post, and, I doubt my queery will be answered, but, I MUST ask.

We see the female cop at the end of the movie taking off a mask with the rest of the island women, right?  She was a part of this from the beginning and that's an explination on why there was no postage on the envelope, right?

And, how do all those knocked out women get back so fast to the end?  They have to come to, get changed, and go to wherever the meet up was that everybody else processioned to.

spaceforarent

« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
So everything was planned from the beginning? About 10 years ago (estimated age of daughter, they probably gave a real age/time frame but I don't remember it*), they sent her to the US, had her get engaged, get pregnant, then leave. They then waited until the daughter got older, set up the whole plan to get him on the island, made him go through all that nonsense just to sacrifice him?
Did they set the plan up right when their honey got "cursed", then decided to wait out however long it took, or did they just set it up "just in case"?
If they were just going to wait it out, you have to think after all those years they would just think there has to be an easier way.

*In fact, I believe Nick cage says something along the lines of "it's been _____ years"

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2009, 04:29:34 AM »
So everything was planned from the beginning? About 10 years ago (estimated age of daughter, they probably gave a real age/time frame but I don't remember it*), they sent her to the US, had her get engaged, get pregnant, then leave. They then waited until the daughter got older, set up the whole plan to get him on the island, made him go through all that nonsense just to sacrifice him?
Did they set the plan up right when their honey got "cursed", then decided to wait out however long it took, or did they just set it up "just in case"?
If they were just going to wait it out, you have to think after all those years they would just think there has to be an easier way.

*In fact, I believe Nick cage says something along the lines of "it's been _____ years"

They may be evil bee women, but they are awesome at long-term thinking.

spaceforarent

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2009, 05:31:48 AM »

They may be evil bee women, but give them credit....they are awesome at long-term planning.

Ok, I will give them that. But no more!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »

They may be evil bee women, but they are awesome at long-term thinking.

And fashion sense:

- Conan O'Brien