Author Topic: So, whaddya think?  (Read 43804 times)

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: So, whaddya think?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »
I knew that wasn't Kathy Bates.  I recognized the actress from many guest roles on TV shows as butch females.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
I think the chick who played sister Willow was eating A LOT of turkey during the shoot.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but why didn't they just knock him out and roast him when he first showed up?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »
My 'take' and my free preview now posted on my fan page

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:07:17 PM by gammer »

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but why didn't they just knock him out and roast him when he first showed up?

Now wait, you expect this movie to actually make sense? Well...to be fair (not that this piece deserves one ounce of sympathy) there was probably an appointed day for the "festival" to occur..

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »
That has to be the WORST big budget hollywood film in a long time.   My god, it just about riffed itself.

Saying that, the riffing was first class and I will be rewatching this one a LOT.

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
I think the riffing was first class too, but I won't be rewatching it anytime soon :speechless:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 07:16:34 PM »
I think the riffing was first class too, but I won't be rewatching it anytime soon :speechless:

I have a high tolerance for pain!

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
So you've said...I suppose that for me even with the riff the movie is just so depressingly awful that I don't need to watch the end of it again...

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 07:19:10 PM »

Oh the riffers did a good job. But I think the movie just isn't the right genre to be a *really funny* rifftrax.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »

Oh the riffers did a good job. But I think the movie just isn't the right genre to be a *really funny* rifftrax.

Did you like the "Terror from the year 5000" from the MST3K days?    That was "supposed to be" a  horror movie and I watch that a lot as I cannot get enough of bad horror films.

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »

You know, although I don't always agree with your takes (for example, Over the Top is a 5+) I have to agree with you on the whole horror genre thing...I mean, it's just not the best material to be laughing through

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 05:42:01 AM »
I dont know why, but after the movie, I started to wonder about these things:

1.  Just WHY did they kill the pilot who brought cage out to the island?   I mean, they WANTED him to come to the island, so it is not like they killed the pilot for bringing someone to the island against their wishes.   How else was he going to get to the island..... someone had to bring him.  So killing the pilot made no sense.   And unless they have a fleet of boats somewhere, they now have no way to get the honey to the mainland to see, no way to get new supplies, etc.

2.  Surely they would think that the police would come lookng for a missing cop?   People at his old station knew where he was going, they would just call up the Washington police department and they would send REAL (not the flaky "Cage Police") police up there.   When REAL police start questioning folks, you just cannot refuse to answer and run away.   I guess all the men had their tongues cut out, and that is why they could not talk?   The police might be BIT interested in that.   And also, since people in town knew the pilot never returned from his trip out to the island, they might file a police report too.   Gee, two people disappeared on this island, that MIGHT pique their curiousity.

3.   In the original, the sacrifice was needed due to bad crop harvest.   In this one, a sacrifice is needed cuz their honey "harvest" the past year failed.   Um, just how do bees FAIL to make honey?   They are in Washingston state, so it could not be drought.   Their plants and flowers were not dead and they had plenty of bees.   What, did the bees have a union beef with the pageans?

Jeez, why do I care....... regardless, this one has a high rewatch value.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:19 AM »
Jeez, why do I care....... regardless, this one has a high rewatch value.

The riff was awesome, but I cannot rewatch this movie very often at all, because it makes me very angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:57 AM »
Bees get pissy at us up here, especially if they're kept on an island. It's science. ;)

I've been catching bits and pieces of this one because I've been really busy lately, but it made me happy when Kevin said something along the lines of, "I'm guessing he's got a good 15 minutes of solid police pursuit in him before the pills kick in and render him incapable of anything besides listening to Meddle era Pink Floyd." ;D

Awesome Kevin.