Author Topic: DVD Shrink 3.2: Getting "Out of Memory" Error  (Read 5873 times)

Offline SunWuKong

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
DVD Shrink 3.2: Getting "Out of Memory" Error
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:26:46 PM »
Ok, I just combined my audio & video tracks from Star Wars Episode 1 using IfoEdit and I am gonna use DVD Shrink 3.2 to compress the files to burn.  When I open the files, I get an error message stating: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.  Out of memory.  Not enough storage available to process this command." 

I used DVD Shrink a couple of times and this is the first time I ever encountered this error.  My system has 2GB of RAM and my 146GB harddrive still has 56.6GB of space left.  I also don't have any other applications on.  I even used FixVTS and I still can't get it fixed.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: DVD Shrink 3.2: Getting "Out of Memory" Error
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:55:53 PM »
Is your big hard drive a "D:" drive? If so, it's possible that, at some point, the place the program stores temp files might have gotten switched to "C:" drive (I know my C drive wouldn't have the space).

Also, if the "out of memory" message is referring to RAM, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to see what processes are running. In this same vein, when was the last time you scanned for adware and malware?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:14:28 AM »
I've had this error before and its related to your RAM. In my case it was because I had a bad stick of RAM. Once I removed it from my computer, DVD Shrink worked fine.
Basically whats happening is DVD Shink is trying to access a memory address on the RAM chip that is corrupt, and once it does that it spits back your error message.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »
I've had this error before and its related to your RAM. In my case it was because I had a bad stick of RAM. Once I removed it from my computer, DVD Shrink worked fine.
Basically whats happening is DVD Shink is trying to access a memory address on the RAM chip that is corrupt, and once it does that it spits back your error message.

OR he's got hidden processes running that are eating up available memory. I've had that one happen to me on more than one occasion.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien