The next List of Crap is here. And it is comic strips. We've already covered comic books in a previous LoC, but now we get to look at the smaller comics that make us smile from day to day. Of course, these more to comics with this, both with the changing nature of strips and how they're published. Rather than full length books, we are looking for comics that can be taken in bite sized chunks, sort of how short films are to feature length.
Here's the rules of this one:
1) Send a list of 25 (or fewer, if you can't think of that many) comic strips ranked in order of what you like best/think is the best. Your #1 will be worth 25 points, #2 is 24 point etc, etc, in that fashion. If you have a smaller list (for example of 10) then your #1 will be worth 10 points, #2 worth 9 points, etc.
2) Well, I suppose if you want me to be specific, it's comic strips/web comics/short form comics, but I'm a guy who likes brevity. So this can include several page short comics or full page comics, etc. If it isn't too long, I'll probably accept it (Watchmen = no,
MAD Magazine movie spoofs = yes). Though some can get longer, I'll accept pretty much any webcomic since most are released in smallish chunks (though not all). Still, in the spirit of the thing, we are looking for things that are short and release in short very short chunks, so consider that when voting. I think 6 or 7 pages are a good stopping number, but I'm willing to give leeway to more.
3) As implied (though not outright said) this includes comics found in magazines. newspapers and (obviously) on the interweb. No limits on what kind. This can include political cartoons, though if the artist doesn't have a recurring titled strip, you can just say that artists works. It can also include shorter strips or stories in larger comics. However, the publication (like MAD, Cracked, or the occasional issue of Crazy) does not count.
4) If you have your own webcomic or something, feel free to vote for it. Buzz marketing is allowed.
5) The Deadline is May 6th, 2012 on Planet Earth, located in the Universe.
6) Cathy is allowed, but why would you want to?
And I think that covers it. Feel free to begin your lists... NOW!