login

Author Topic: Last Nights Lost  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Last Nights Lost
« on: March 01, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »
Last night I caught up with last weeks episode of Lost and watched the new one.  I've enjoyed the show quite a bit, and I didn't really think anything was wrong with the first six episodes of this season.  I didn't really know people were griping about them til later.

But good god, the last two were about as filler as you could possibly imagine.  Last weeks was a pointless backstory that pretty much only served to tell what Jacks tattoos meant, (I know that was the primary mystery I was concerned with) and then last nights episode seemed to by some sort of ill conceived comic relief break.

Hurleys chicken joint was destroyed...by a falling asteroid?  If those are the rules we are playing by, there's no telling what surprises they have cooked up.  That would seem absurd and hackneyed in a sixth graders short story.  "and then the bad guys is coming but AN ASTEROID FALLS OUT OF SPACE and crushes him." 

The climax of the episode was  then driving around a van, emphasizing, I guess, that they are human and still need to hope.  It was even better in like episode five when they built a golf course to make the same point.

We have an entertainment weekly in our kitchen here at work, and it has a cover story about the show that I glanced at.  It mentioned that in a week or two the man and woman it introduced and all of a sudden made characters with speaking lines will have their own episode.  Good god.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: Last Nights Lost
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 08:35:41 AM »
I just checked out the Lost thread that you guys commented on last week.  Glad to see I wasn't just missing the point.